Listening to tonight (Part 1)

Work is done, shifting gears a little. Another good one from the collection

Man, at this particular moment in time, I am having a great experience with revisiting the CD collection. More so than streaming, I think. It seems more personal and meaningful somehow. Perhaps the fact that I picked this music and much of it has a story is certainly part of it. Working the player and holding the discs in my hand is a nice component. And surprisingly, the richness and punch the player is producing is achieving way beyond my expectations. Lots of fun.

Local CD > Singxer SA-1 Pre > SMSL DA-9 > Triangle Borea BR02

Turning it up to 11

2 Likes

As much as I love Peart, I have to acknowledge this is one of the greatest drum solo’s ever by one of the greatest drummers ever, Joe Morello of the Dave Brubeck Band. << cued to the start of the drum solo, but it’s all worth listening to >>

2 Likes

Another great percussionist (the piano is a percussion instrument). Monk is the greatest composer since Bach. Cued to the solo.

1 Like

Nine Days

The whole OST is just love

1 Like

The first kick on the drum is so satisfyingly deep and thumpy with Timeless

1 Like
4 Likes

Spotify > ifi Zen Dac v2 > Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee

Closing out a tough day with a glass of wine and this

Already shedding the stress. Ah, the power of music.

AMUHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit BF2 > Singxer SA-1 Pre > SMSL DA-9 > Triangle Borea BR02

2 Likes

R.I.P Meat Loaf :cry:

6 Likes

IER-Z1R…

Tidal > Modius > Asgard 3 > Audiosource Amp 200/Crown XLS1000 > Acoustic Research Holographic Imaging M2/Elemental Designs 13OV.2

1 Like

Finally got True.

FLAC > 2Qute > Cayin IHA-6 > HE-500

2 Likes
3 Likes

Been listening to “The real thing” a bit after getting the ifi zen dac v2, as the truebass “bass boost” lifts the “thin” mix of this album a bit…

Flac > foobar2000 > ifi Zen Dac v2 > Sennheiser HD 6XX

3 Likes

FLAC > CMUS > Jnog > Darkvoice > HD650

3 Likes

Jnog > Darkvoice > HD650

3 Likes

1 Like