Listening to tonight (Part 2)

Vinyl > TEAC TN-300 > Ortofon 2M Blue > Schiit Mani > Jotunheim > Loki > Kenwood M1 > Klipsch R-620F

1 Like

Tidal > Modius > Asgard 3 > Focal Clear

1 Like

If you’re into funk / groove rock, I can’t recommend Groovechild enough. Tragically, their lead singer / songwriter Jeff Bibbo passed just before the release of their last album, so no new music to come.

They were a local band, in the Seacoast NH area, and figured heavily in the independent film “In Danger of Being Discovered”. When I was into the local music festivals and shows, I had heard that they were offered a really lucrative deal from a prominent label, but the contract gave the publisher too much editorial control over their music, and Jeff told them off rather than take the cash. I don’t know how true that may be, but having seen them live a number of times, I can believe it - their music is GREAT, and is close enough to being commercially viable that I could believe a label thinking they would be able to push them into a more mass audience friendly place.

3 Likes

Saturday night here we come. I’m in for some Crosby tonight. Been a while

I really like this one. Vocally it’s wonderful.

AMUHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > XDuoo TA-20 Pre > SMSL SP200 > Focal Elegia

@Dzaw dude, thank you so much for the Rec and the short write up on them! I’m definitely going to check them out :metal:

Vinyl > TEAC TN-300 > Ortofon 2M Blue > Schiit Mani > Jotunheim > Loki > Kenwood M1 > Klipsch R-620F

1 Like

I should preface this by saying that I was never a big Beth Hart fan. I always felt that she tried too hard. I did like the previews of the new album, a Zeppelin tribute. I ran through it on iTunes in 90 second clips. One time through and I bought the album. She does not try to imitate or outdo Robert Plant. She just does her version. On the first run through I liked every song except Whole Lotta Love and that might change with time. Really looking foward to running through this many times.

1 Like

1 Like

When I can’t think of what to listen to NTS provides…

Qudelix → CCA NRA

Arcam CD73 > Modius > Asgard 3 > Focal Clear

Jazz kind of night for sure.

https://tidal.com/track/186994102

FiiO BTR3K wired > Timeless

1 Like

Tascam CD73 > Modius > Asgard 3 > Focal Clear

I love when a year or two goes by and this pops back up

I used to prefer Oasis, but the times change :man_shrugging:t3:
Longevity Amirite?

1 Like

I bought the CD of this back in 1990 as a teenager and loved it back then and I still do today.

I found an excellent copy of it on vinyl in Italy and it arrived today.

Ever since I got into hi-fi and replayed the CD with good equipment I’ve realized that the production quality and mastering of the songs were superb. To some this may be a corny bit of music being that it’s The Simpsons, but if you give it a try, you might appreciate it and enjoy it.

The vinyl is not disappointing either.

3 Likes

Arcam CD73 > Modius > Asgard 3 > ATH-R70x
I tend to post in here when something in the song/synergy was especially striking. Sometimes a “best ever”. I’ve listened this track plenty in the last year, but there is some special alchemy in this chain, struck me when I wasn’t necessarily looking for it.

3 Likes
1 Like

FLAC > CMUS > Jnog (OG) > Darkvoice > HD650

2 Likes

With all thats been happening these days in the world, i haven’t really spent much time listening to music, as the “spare time” has gone to keep up with the news, twitter and various forums. But tonight i turned off the news, and sat down with my laptop, zen dac v2 and my hifiman he-4xx… Quite a mixed bag, and here are some of the songs i’ve gone through tonight…

Motorpsycho is a band i’ve been aware of since they “angles and deamons” album released back in 1997, and listen to a bit now and then, but lately i have really enjoyed listening to them…

mix of flac and spotify > Ifi Zen Dac v2 > Hifiman HE-4XX

1 Like

Equalizer APO - > SMSL Sanskrit III → Geshelli Archel 2.5 → VE Monk +

So far, liking it.

Qudelix → Ety ER2SE

Great soundtrack.

2 Likes