Listening to tonight (Part 2)

Revisiting the S12’s > Bluesound Node >Monolith THX Dac/Amp

1 Like

Still on the HE560s (both versions), but I have switched over to my JDS Labs El Stack 2+ because I’m doing some scalability and source synergy tests with the V1s and V3s. So far, both of these headphones sound fantastic on just about any amp that can give them a healthy dose of clean power. I’m still very impressed by both versions and I think either is a great pick for folks like me that weren’t in love with the Sundaras or who are just looking for a great midfi alternative to the more commonly rec’d options.

At the top if my queue is Frost* with their album Milliontown. Solid neo-prog at its finest. I have been on a prog kick lately because of some drumming techniques I was studying for use in the studio and I would be remiss if I didn’t mention that the HE560s are practically made for this genre. They reproduce it with a nice energy and smoothness to their presentation, but also with a certain effortless authority that I’m really diggin’.

Doing some IEM listening in the dark to unwind from a crazy day before bed and also to get my thoughts together for a brief write-up on the ThieAudio Prestige. Right now I have the Prestige running off my Cayin N8ii which is providing tonight’s hi-res entertainment. I also have the ThieAudio Excaliburs and the OG Monarchs right here with me for some comparative listening purposes. It’s moments like these where I realize how blessed I am to have this level of listening and options at my fingertips and on demand. :sunglasses:

For music, I’m currently listening to The Importance of Mr. Bedlam by The Paradox Twin. Great album with some good atmospheric/spacial stuff going on that’s fantastic for closing your eyes to and feeling the music coming from all around you. :metal:

Same setup, but now I’m listening to a great jazz record from way back in 1956 entitled Thelonius Monk & Sonny Rollins. Great album with two all-time greats tearin’ it up.

1 Like

Sleep Token was the band i listened to the most in 2022, and with 2 back to back bangers already it looks like they will be the 2 time champions this year.

2 Likes

Ripped these 10 CD’s to my laptop last night and my listening plans for the next six and a half hours are:

6 Likes

Sweet baby Jesus.

Getting smooth and funky tonight. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Friday night, at last. Starting off a bit differently tonight. My CDs came in 2 days ago and I haven’t had time to check them out. Also, I want to use my new mini Blu-Ray player / CD Transport. Anyway, starting off with this

Fantastic. This is CD1 of a 3-CD set. Fantastic! I’m becoming a big fan of this man’s work. So much to take in. Mr. Bernstein nails it, too. And this little player is wonderful. Fake fire place is on, a nice Acacia Pinot Noir in hand… this is going to be a nice evening.

Local CD > Sony BDP-BX370 > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Singxer SA-1 > LSA HP-2

3 Likes

HE560 v3 into Ferrum Oor/Hypsos with the Holo Audio May KTE doing the DAC thang.

Listening to Voyager’s 2011 release entitled The Meaning of I. Great metal/prog-metal with some interesting electronic and synth influences. Can be a bit corny lyrically occasionally, but the high levels of musicianship and eclectic creativity make having to overlook the occasional cliche well worth it. Not to mention the Australian accents…:metal::sunglasses:

To those about to rock, I salute you! :metal::smiling_imp::metal::smiling_imp:

1 Like

Shifting gears now, still playing selections from the collection. I have always liked this one

His only solo project that I know of. I think it’s pretty well done.

Local CD > Sony BDP-BX370 > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Singxer SA-1 > LSA HP-2

3 Likes

Felt like a little live performance, coffee shop style! I rediscovered this.

There is something about her voice. I like it. Good energy, too. These little sessions are pretty cool.

YT > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost > Singxer SA-1 > Focal Radiance

1 Like

ThieAudio Prestige into the Cayin N8ii. Easy peasy.

Listening to Wobbler’s album Hinterland. Good stuff!

Great recommendation. It’s a perfect album for chilling in bed at 5am. It’s sounding great on my IE600s coming from an iFi gryphon with xBass and xSpace on. The title track is a fun 27 minute-long journey through different musical styles with a bass part that has a James Bond-like vibe.

1 Like

From this weeks “discover weekly” on spotify i got this gem :

Spotify > Ifi Zen dac v2 > yamaha a-s501 > B&W 685 s2

1 Like

Listening to The Eagles, Hotel California, MTV unplugged performance, feeding my U12ts with my little used FiiO BTR7. I happily found it has an Android app with an 11-band PEQ…added a little low and mid bass…smoothed the mids…a bit of treble. Damn…I feel like it’s Christmas again! Tears of joy. I’d never EQd before!

4 Likes

He560s into the HeadAmp GS-X Mini with the Gustard R26 pulling DAC duties and being fed bit-perfect from my laptop.

For music, I’m listening to a group named The Omnific and their album from 2021, Escapades. Basically, they sound like Polyphia from New Levels New Devils and before, but with fewer digital samples and a bit more laid back. I dig this album a lot and after a pretty shitty day, unwinding to some sick tunes is just what the doctor ordered.

5 Likes
2 Likes

Been enjoying the collection tonight. For whatever reason, it feels good to have a “streamless” night. Currently enjoying this one

Local FLAC > MP11 > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Singxer SA-1 > Focal Radiance

5 Likes

FLAC > Cambridge Audio CXN V2 > Jnog (OG) > Freya S > Vidar (monoblock) > Klipsch R-620F

1 Like

From the Movie Soundtrack of “Chef” which is quite entertaining to watch :slight_smile:

1 Like