Listening to tonight (Part 2)

This is a great album. Very well produced

That’s a nice setup right there. Enjoy, Sir. I’m gonna check out the music this evening.

1 Like

Revisiting an oldie here: listened to “Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness” by Smashing Pumpkins today and it still holds up, especially “Tonight” :fire::fire:

2 Likes

smp-classic-billy-the-rodent-corgan

But also yes. Great album. Much of the 90s rock before Creed and Nickleback holds up, IMO.

2 Likes

They get hated on (maybe it is a local thing) a lot in current-times, and I think it may have a lot to do with Corgin’s personality/reputation. I know a lot of his attitude of the time rubbed music snobs wrong. Also, a voice that will be a non-starter with a lot of people. I do enjoy a lot of “what’s in the bottle”, however. It’s a different vibe, but I thought tracks “Ava Adore” and “For Martha” on the next album are wonderful re-listens too.

1 Like

I also recommend King Crimson’s debut album, “In the Court of the Crimson King,” for anyone interested in seminal progressive rock.

2 Likes

I usually stay a bit more focused, but this morning I was jumping around a bunch.

2 Likes

Fug yes love this album

4 Likes

Spotify > iFi Zen Dac v2 > Sennheiser HD 6XX

1 Like
2 Likes

Qobuz via USB Audio Player Pro → Cayin N6ii → Chord Hugo 2 → Hifiman HE-R9

2 Likes

1 Like

Royksopp’s still got it.

1 Like
3 Likes

CD > TEAC P650-B > Geshelli Jnog > Yamaha R-S202BL > Klipsch R-620F

4 Likes

This absolutely slapped and Billy and the crew are fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

love these guys seen them in concert 3 times.

1 Like

Missed this release end of last year. Wall to wall bangers.

1 Like

Vinyl > TEAC TN-300 > Ortofon 2M Blue > Schiit Mani > Yamaha R-S202BL > Klipsch R-620F