Listening to tonight (Part 2)

A fantastic new album from one of the most prolific acts out there right now:

Excellent recording and mastering quality to boot!

2/48 FLAC → Audirvana → Singxer SU-2 → Matrix X-SABRE 3 Pro → Violectric HPA-V281 → HiFiMan HE1000v2

2 Likes

“Use Your Illusion II” kicks ass from start to finish! So many underrated gems like “Breakdown,” “Locomotive,” “Pretty Tied Up” and “Estranged.”

That record is better than “Use Your Illusion I” mainly because it doesn’t contain the most overrated, overwrought song in G N R’s catalog, the dreadful cheesefest known as “November Rain.” “Estranged” is 10 times the power ballad that “November Rain” tries to be.

yeah, the second one just has an overall better album, and yeah… “november rain” allways gets skipped :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Sven Vath new album

1 Like

Driven to Tears - YouTube Music

Uptunes and ballads. A good album. They have had grammy noms for 10 albums.
Yes, shades of Miles.

Amazon HD

Tidal > BF2 > A3 > HD8xx

1 Like

arc

1 Like

roon → Yggdrasil → Oor/Hypsos → Susvara

This record is somewhat blowing my mind. Old-school country, mixed with a bit of honky-tonk, a bit of shoegaze, some outlaw country/rock and some Vegas/Branson schmaltz. As my buddy told me, “it’s almost like Marty Robbins and Elvis had a baby.” :slight_smile:

Amazon Music HD > BTR5 > Moondrop KATOs

2 Likes

Recently found this Hip-Hop album gem by Mr. Green

My favorite Hip-Hop album since, hmmm, can’t remember. These Mr. Green beats :ok_hand: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Started today, kind of jazzy, but then a Dave video popped up on my feed and I thought, I need lots of Dave stat!"

1 Like

:pinched_fingers:

qobuz/roon → Yggdrasil → Oor/Hypsos → Susvara

2 Likes
1 Like

Been listening to the “King for a day, fool for a lifetime” album tonight…

Flac > foobar2000 > modi3 > Yamaha a-s501 > Bowers & Wilkins 685 s2

2 Likes

https://tidal.com/track/110248271

Mojo 2 - Meze Liric

1 Like

Today was a good release day for me. New Terror album, the Red City Radio Live album, and a new The Drowns album.

This one has been taking up most of the evening though.

2 Likes

Great album art.