Listening to tonight (Part 2)

A very old song from a very new band. Pretty cool.

2 Likes

smile

2 Likes

roon → Schiit Yggdrasil → Ferrum Oor+Hypsos → Hifiman Susvara

1 Like

Enjoying this very much, yet again

Red Barchetta is on now. I love this album. And I’m blown away by what I am listening to it on… Yet again! The little DAC/Amp that could.

AMHD > Topping MX-3 > HiFIMAN Sundara

4 Likes

This new track from Arcade Fire is a banger. Avail in Atmos and 24/96.

3 Likes

roon → Holo Spring3 KTE → Violectric HPA v550 → Fostex TH909

1 Like

1 Like

Spotify > iFi Zen Dac v2 > yamaha a-s501 > Bowers & Wilkins 685 s2

That is a great album, and was a nice revival for them. I still think I like early Yes more, and they are one of the early progressive rock bands. Fragile is probably my favorite album they made.

I think Days of Future Passed by the Moody Blues is considered the first progressive rock album.

The song “The Night” is the basis of “Nights in White Satin”.

flo

This is a great album. Very well produced

That’s a nice setup right there. Enjoy, Sir. I’m gonna check out the music this evening.

1 Like

Revisiting an oldie here: listened to “Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness” by Smashing Pumpkins today and it still holds up, especially “Tonight” :fire::fire:

2 Likes

smp-classic-billy-the-rodent-corgan

But also yes. Great album. Much of the 90s rock before Creed and Nickleback holds up, IMO.

2 Likes

They get hated on (maybe it is a local thing) a lot in current-times, and I think it may have a lot to do with Corgin’s personality/reputation. I know a lot of his attitude of the time rubbed music snobs wrong. Also, a voice that will be a non-starter with a lot of people. I do enjoy a lot of “what’s in the bottle”, however. It’s a different vibe, but I thought tracks “Ava Adore” and “For Martha” on the next album are wonderful re-listens too.

1 Like

I also recommend King Crimson’s debut album, “In the Court of the Crimson King,” for anyone interested in seminal progressive rock.

2 Likes

I usually stay a bit more focused, but this morning I was jumping around a bunch.

2 Likes

Fug yes love this album

4 Likes