Listening to tonight (Part 2)

Fuck politically correct! You don’t have to agree with, nor endorse all the views of an artist to enjoy the art!

Mel Brooks has a dark side to say the least - his movies are still hilarious!

Bill Cosby might’ve been a slimeball - that doesn’t mean his standup was any less funny. The Cosby show is still good, wholesome family entertainment, as the content doesn’t reflect his crimes / indiscretions at all.

Dire Straights, “Money for Nothing” was a genius track. The “politically incorrect” lines in that song are a direct quote the lead singer heard in a diner, which served as inspiration for the whole song.

How culturally impoverished would we be, globally, if we worried about whether or not we were “supporting those bigoted positions” every time we liked the product of someone who turned out to be less than perfect?

I am as egalitarian and inclusively minded as anyone. Nonetheless, I can recognize good music when I hear it, and that track rocks!

1 Like

Well said!

Tidal > Modius > Asgard 3 > ESS 422H

3 Likes

May be a little abrasive to some:

Also, obligatory Fight Songs: TF2:

https://ia600905.us.archive.org/10/items/1996PHV3/15%20-%20Planet%20Salisbury.flac

A chill instrumental kinda evening, with a bit of a jazz lean, but by no means only swing beats.

1 Like

CD > TEAC P650-B (as a transport) > Geshelli Enog 2 Pro > Jotunheim > Loki > Kenwood M1 > Klipsch R-620F

I often listen to music while I’m reading. Some go past me without my notice but a few that grabbed my attention were these song My Mind by Yebba.

4 Likes

Got a pair of Arya’s v2 yesterday in a trade.
Bifrost 2 > Jot 2 > Arya… Almost magical!

4 Likes

Still rolling old school…

1 Like

Here we go…

1 Like

Any great indie bands you guys like? Always looking for new artists!

4 minutes in there is like a sponge dripping water or something… sounds totally disgusting

Soekris 2541 → HSA1b → Susvara

2 Likes

qudelix → CCA NRA.

1 Like

Musician Draco → Monolith THX → Penon Serial

Vinyl > TEAC TN-300 > Ortofon 2M Blue > Schiit Mani > Jotunheim > Loki > Kenwood M1 > Klipsch R-620F

1 Like

Tidal > Modius > Asgard 3 > Focal Clear

1 Like

If you’re into funk / groove rock, I can’t recommend Groovechild enough. Tragically, their lead singer / songwriter Jeff Bibbo passed just before the release of their last album, so no new music to come.

They were a local band, in the Seacoast NH area, and figured heavily in the independent film “In Danger of Being Discovered”. When I was into the local music festivals and shows, I had heard that they were offered a really lucrative deal from a prominent label, but the contract gave the publisher too much editorial control over their music, and Jeff told them off rather than take the cash. I don’t know how true that may be, but having seen them live a number of times, I can believe it - their music is GREAT, and is close enough to being commercially viable that I could believe a label thinking they would be able to push them into a more mass audience friendly place.

3 Likes

Saturday night here we come. I’m in for some Crosby tonight. Been a while

I really like this one. Vocally it’s wonderful.

AMUHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > XDuoo TA-20 Pre > SMSL SP200 > Focal Elegia