Listening to tonight (Part 2)

This made it into the queue as well earlier - an Album from Airbag, a progressive rock band out of Norway

roon → ultraRendu → Spring3 KTE → OOR → Radiance

3 Likes

Friday night at last. Starting off tonight with a familiar group but newly discovered album. This is Big Big Train and their 2007 release “The Difference Machine”.

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit BIfrost 2 > Cavalli Liquid Platinum > HiFIMAN HE1000 V2 Stealth

2 Likes

We rock on! Found another good one. This is Gazpacho and “Fireworking at St. Croix”

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Cavalli Liquid Platinum > Sennheiser HD660 S

2 Likes

This is great as an upbeat jazz vocal, but especially to check percussion and guitar timbre and decay. The splash cymbal on the right is repeated often and
can be harsh on my lesser gear, but “just right” to my drummer ear on my better rig.

4 Likes
1 Like

Love the percussion!
Voila was also fantastic
Keep it coming Tim! :blush:

1 Like
2 Likes

Qobuz > Cambridge Audio CXN V2 > Jnog (OG) > Freya S > Vidar (monoblock) > Klipsch R-620F

2 Likes

Kandace! Apparently a new YT channel for this group.
I also love her album “The Women Who Raised Me.”
I do enjoy the sound of her voice and her vibrato control.

3 Likes
3 Likes

I don’t know if I posted this video in the past but it’s a wonderful collection off jazz fusion greats…
It’s good to hear Didier Lockwood on violin too it’s been a while…

3 Likes

Japanese jazz fans appreciate good music…

3 Likes

That’s it for tonight…Have a good one all…:smiley::+1:

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve heard tracks that are not only new to me and that I like but that I want to keep listening to, I found these almost straight after each other:

Not sure what to say about it but it gets me somewhere.

I love a lot about this one, especially when the swell of sound comes in behind it all.

Also really like these:

I thought this was Fleetwood Mac when it first came on:

2 Likes

I love this whole album and believe I’ve posted about it before…but I really like
this 3rd movement, as it reminds me of the final piece from Master and Commander…same joyousness…with more instruments, lol.
I like how they dig in hard for the final stretch!!

3 Likes

Just a shower thought about “Universal Traveller”.

It’s the same song as “Urban Spaceman” by the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, just if the idea was worked on by suave French dudes rather than eccentric Englishmen.

Tidal > SU-6 > Liquid Platinum DAC > G111 > Arya v.2

2 Likes

A track by this French metal/alt-metal group 'Klone" was featured on one of my Roon Daily Mixes and I really liked it so queued the Album up. Looking forward to checking out the rest of their discography.

roon/qobuz → Allo DigiOne → Schitt Yggdrasil → Violectric HPA v550 → Fostex TH909

2 Likes

I was just trolling through the library, just not knowing what I wanted to hear. Brain’s a little scrambled! I landed here. A nice place to land.

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Cavalli Liquid Platinum > Sennheiser HD660S

3 Likes
3 Likes