Listening to tonight (Part 2)

Continuing the exploration of Klone’s Discography

roon/qobuz → Sonore ultraRendu → Holo Spring v3 KTE → Ferrum OOR → Hifiman HE6se v2

1 Like

I’ve been slacking some keeping up with the Funky Friday tradition

Hopefully this will aid in a revival…

The track posted is from the 2023 studio album “People Just Wanna have fun” by Kool & the Gang
The album was released to celebrate their 60th anniversary.

:notes:

2 Likes

Orgone is a band based out of Los Angeles California, their sound is 60s-70s era funk & soul

Here’s the title track from this EP

roon/qobuz → Allo DigiOne → Yggy → v550 → TH909

ewe-wee that’s nasty…

3 Likes

1 Like

One of my favorite funky groups of the the modern era released a new album in May this year

roon/qobuz → Allo DigiOne → Schiit Yggdrasil → Violectric v550 → Fostex TH909

:notes:

3 Likes

@Delta9K Happy Friday, and thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks @TimpTim44 !!

Yessir, that was cool. Nice to see you kicking out the jams again. I’m off and running with something a bit more laid back. Enjoy the night, folks…

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > HiFIMAN HE1000 V2 Stealth

OK, turning it up now. Currently enjoying this one. His body of work is so imense, it’s hard to choose. But I like this one. This is more of a Funky Friday thang!

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > HiFIMAN HE1000 V2 Stealth

4 Likes

The entire Drum n Voice series is top flight. Many repeated album sessions there. Billy is so good and so many other great musicians wanted to work n jam with him, making so many good records for us to listen to.

Jeff Lorber another favorite, on his own and again when working with other greats in the scene.

Nice selections!!

1 Like

Continuing my crush from two weeks ago, I went back and bought another album. I am referring to The Budos Band. Two weeks ago I bought their 2020 album, Long in the Tooth. Last night I bought their new EP, Frontier’s Edge. LOVING that horn section! :+1:

4 Likes

2013 studio album from Steve Cole ‘Pulse
A smooth & funky collection of electronic-infused Jazz

roon → Sonore ultraRendu → Holo Spring3 KTE → Ferrum Hypsos/OOR → Hifiman Susvara

Absolutely vibing on this guy right now. What a magical mix this is.
Sainte Vie (Live) - Robot Heart - Burning Man 2022

2 Likes

Welcome @Kevin to Hifi Guides!

I’ve not heard that artist before but I’ll get that album in the queue for a listen if I can find it.

@Delta9K thank you.
Sainte Vie is definitely worth it if you’re into techno. He’s pretty much underrated at the moment which is why he hasn’t started making stupid music unlike the artists who choose different paths after getting some fame. :wink:

1 Like

Black Star Riders is made up of members from the 2011-12 line up of Thin Lizzy that wanted to record new material, but not as Thin Lizzy. This album ‘Another State of Grace’ is from 2019

roon/qobuz → Allo DigiOne → Schiit Yggdrasil → Violectric HPA v550 → Audeze LCD-24

1 Like

XYZ wasn’t the best 80s metal band but they didn’t suck. Same for the album ‘Hungry’ it wasn’t a masterpiece effort but is far from bad. I was easily transported back in time as I listened to this album again, bobbin my head and tappin my foot right along as it played.

roon/qobuz → Allo DigiOne → Schiit Yggdrasil → Violectric HPA v550 → Audeze LCD-24

1 Like

LCD-24 :headphones:

2 Likes

Currently listening on my DCA Expanse plugged into my Ferrum Oor/Hypsos stack with my Cayin N8ii acting as the source for music.

Current up in the queue is a pair of albums I came across on a Bandcamp deep dive by a band named Trioscapes. The first is a more fusion leaning effort entitled Digital Dream Sequence while the second, entitled Separate Realities, throws in some more obvious prog overtones. Both feature top shelf musicianship and are definitely worth a listen for anyone who enjoys good music.

My suggestion, use a pair of headphones with good timbre/tone and and agile low end if you want to get the most out of the experience.

2 Likes