Listening to tonight (Part 2)

I put Another State of Grace up next behind my current albums in my queue. Your description intrigued me and your recs in this thread have mostly been right on! Keep em coming! :metal:

1 Like

Happy eve, all. Off to a slightly later start, but off we are. Starting with something new to me and very interesting indeed. Lots of good work done on this one.

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Cavalli Liquid Platinum > HiFIMAN HE1000S V2 Stealth

2 Likes

Great pick! Such a solid album and one hell of a lineup too. :metal::sunglasses:

1 Like

Yes, same. Mentioning Thin Lizzy raised my eyebrows. I liked their stuff. Will definitely check it out. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Tonight’s session is heading down an intriguing path. You never know when a mood is going to strike you! Currently enjoying this one

I swear, some of these songs are such that I close my eyes and imagine myself being in some kind of moody jazz club. It’s almost like I am there in the room. Nice…

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Cavalli Liquid Platinum > HiFIMAN HE1000S V2 Stealth

3 Likes

One more before I call it a night. This is Mark Lettieri And “Deep: The Baritone Sessions, Volume 2”.

2 Likes

I love this album and Mark Lettieri in general. I think I’ve rec’d him on here before and it doesn’t surprise me that someone with your musical taste would dig Lettieri. For those of you who haven’t heard him, he’s not to be missed! :metal::sunglasses:

1 Like

Yessir, thank you. Of course, now the hunt is on for volume 1! I have a hunch that I will end up adding these to my local collection.

Madonna + Rauhofer = :tada:

1 Like

Grace Potter opened for my band at a festival once which was the first time I heard her and I’ve been a fan ever since. Currently listening to her new album, Mother Road, on my HE-560s plugged into my JDSLabs El Amp 2+ and Modi Multibit 2. I highly recommend checking Ms. Potter out! :metal::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nice! I first became aware of her when I saw her on “Live from Daryl’s House” back in 2014. I reckon I will have to re-acquaint myself with her work!

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t hear here until she performed before us in 2018. I really dig her work.

My first hearing of her back then. I said, Oh yeah!
Love Simon’s final comment.
Thanks for the heads up on the album!

2 Likes

When she played the festival with us she did a duet with JJ Wilde that was a medley of Billie Holliday songs and they crushed it. It was so sick to watch!

2 Likes

Just back from the local club after hearing this local area gal.
This is one she wrote and is from her upcoming album.
The club, which showcases all types of music, sometimes has a
“Jazz Hang,” with extra musicians as guests. Tonight also a tpt, tenor and alto
saxes. Fun! First time I’ve heard “Misty” done as a light jazz samba!

1 Like

Listening to the DCA Aeon 2 Closed plugged into the Ferrum Oor/Hypsos stack with the Holo Audio May KTE decoding all the bits and pieces from my laptop.

Up in the queue this evening is A KennyHoopla album with Travis Barker drumming and producing that I actually find very catchy and a great listen. Barker may be the single most skilled and versatile drummer in the modern rock scene. The guy’s a freakin’ machine who can do things on a kit that I haven’t seen replicated by anyone. Period. Anyways the album is entitle Survivors Guilt: The Mixtape. Definitely check it out.

3 Likes

I am very psyched about this. I bought the Keith Jarrett album, The Koln Concert in November and have been wearing it out ever since. I have been dying to buy another solo album, but couldn’t decide which. Then I thought, “Don’t be a pussy! Go all in.” So I bought the Sun Bear Concerts. These were recorded during his 1976 tour of Japan. It was released as a ten album set in 1978. Later on, it became a 6-CD set. Six hours and forty one minutes of Mr. Jarrett improvising. This will be my Saturday. :headphones:
:+1:

Sun_Bear_Concerts

3 Likes

Qobuz > Jnog > Sabaj A10a > Klipsch R41M

Looking for an easy listening evening. Have a bit of a headache today.

4 Likes

It’s Friday! Had a decent workday, an interesting ride home (decided to let out my inner Squid and did a little bobbin and weavin through traffic :japanese_ogre: ) and now I have a nice Cab in my hand, listening to some killer stuff!

Enjoy the night, peeps. It’s gonna be a good one…

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit BF2 > Singxer SA-1 Pre > SMSL DA-9 > Triangle BR02 w/REL Tzero mkiii sub

4 Likes

I have stumbled onto something (or someone) pretty cool! This lady can sing, man. I may have to go find more of her work. She does this same song with Pasquale Grasso, also. It’s fun to hear the different presentations.

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Singxer SA-1 > LSA HP-2

3 Likes