Listening to tonight (Part 2)

It’s been an interesting journey this evening. Currently having fun with this one. This is Domi & JD Beck’s “Not Tight” album. Pretty different for me, but I am finding these little 2-3 minute hits of music very intriguing. Really nice work.

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Singxer SA-1 > LSA HP-2

4 Likes

Love all things Crimson.

4 Likes
3 Likes

2 Likes

51V-2ZIk9ML.UXNaN_FMjpg_QL85

2 Likes

Currently listening to the DCA Expanse plugged into the GS-X Mini with the Schiit Yggy OG pulling DAC duties decoding all the bits and pieces from Qobuz/my laptop.

Tonight I’m listening to a 2012 album from Passion Pit entitled Gossamer. I’m sure many of you are familiar with some of the tracks on this album as a few were high on the charts for sometime. Personally, I just like this albums message and the songwriting and it tends to pick me up and I need that right now. It’s catchy as hell and the kinda album a pop songwriter would give their left nut to create and be known for.

3 Likes

Greetings, all. At it again. Currently enjoying an impressive collection from Steven Wilson called “Hand Cannot Erase”. Apparently, this is the Super deluxe version. The flow of the music just takes you away…

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Cavalli Liquid Platinum > HiFIMAN Edition XS

3 Likes

'Nuff said.

6 Likes

DX312 > Serratus…

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

DX312 > Sunniva…

3 Likes
1 Like

I’m familiar with the first track but that’s the only song I know by Arab Strap, started listening to the full album tonight:

2 Likes

3 Likes

I’m listening on the DCA Expanse through the Ferrum Oor/Hypsos stack with the Holo Audio May LTE pulling DAC duties.

On deck in the queue is Siena Root’s 2017 album A Dream of Lasting Peace which is a fantastic album from one of the best classic rock revival acts out there, IMO. Highly recommended listening! :metal::sunglasses:

4 Likes

:+1:t5: :+1:t5:

4 Likes

Man, I’m home from a very intense day. I just want to have a beer and listen to a guitar.

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > BF2 > Singxer SA-1 Pre > SMSL DA-9 > Triangle BR02 w/REL Tzero mkiii sub

3 Likes

Tonight I’ve got the Hifiman OG HE6 running off my Parasound Halo JC5 with the Schiit Yggy decoding everything. This setup has to be one of my favorite chains out there and the HE6s still have plenty of special sauce.

I’ve been trying to listen to more of the indie, blues rock, etc that are my wheelhouse to get myself back on track as a songwriter since some recent personal troubles have really challenged that. With that in mind, I have a great album from 2019 by Reignwolf up in the queue entitled Hear Me Out. All ten songs only barely top twenty-nine minutes, but they make every minute count. For me, Reignwolf is another one of those bands out there that are putting out great music leaving me fully confident that rock is nowhere near dead. :metal::sunglasses:

Edit: Same rig, but now listening to Gary Clark Jr’s 2012 album Blak and Blu. This is his major label debut and his first shot at really hitting the mainstream instead of being pigeonholed as a roots rock favorite. This album is an eclectic mix of influences and styles that all serve to highlight Clark Jrs vocal prowess and utility as a performer. He also has several tracks on here that display his skill as a blues guitarist. Overall, definitely worth a listen.

Edit 2: Parasound not Paramount. Damned autocorrect…

3 Likes

DX312 > XINHS 12 core Pure Silver cable > OG Andro > Spiral Dots…

2 Likes