Listening to tonight (Part 2)

while trolling YouTube I came across this amazing piece from Rick Beato

Now, I had heard the name Oscar Peterson but I have never heard his music. So, inspired by the Beato piece I found this absolute gem of a performance.

Line Up
Oscar Peterson, Piano
Ben Webster, Tenor Saxophone
Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen, Bass
Tony Inzalaco, Drums

Recorded December 14th 1972 at the 84th NDR Jazz workshop in Studio II, Hannover, Germany

I found this performance nothing short of captivating. Watching these men mind-meld with each other is awesome. I was blown away by how good the bass player is! Watching Mr. Peterson play in this piece is a pure joy.

5 Likes

@Raptor168 Love how you take time to explore!!
I’ll have to ck this one out.

1 Like

Rick Beato is always entertaining and educational to watch. What shocks me after watching the Peterson interview is how much tv program quality devolved to the most basic and primitive form.

2 Likes

@thoohil Indeed. I miss folks like Cavett and Bill Moyers!!

2 Likes

Listening to this on vinyl. First heard this at the hifi store last month.

3 Likes

Went back to a soundtrack fell in love with a long time ago and listened to it last night

Tonight is one of my new favorites. They are just incredible💜

1 Like

I’ll post this here as I listened along with Annie many, many times over the years…RIP Annie :pray::notes:

Happy Friday! Gonna start with something a little different. I really like this album and really really like this lady’s voice. She has this haunting clarity that gets me!

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit BF2 > SA-1 Pre > DA-9 > Sonus Faber Lumina II w/REL Tzero mkiii sub

2 Likes

OK, time to step it up a little. Spinning up one I haven’t heard in a while. Personally, I don’t think this album gets enough love. Lots of firsts on this one! Great listen.

2 Likes

@Raptor168 Gotta love an album that starts with a good shuffle!

1 Like

Yessir! Enjoy your evening. I’m gonna burn a little midnight oil and enjoy an extended session. :sunglasses: :notes:

Now there’s a band I have not heard in a long time… I need to look through my CD collection to try and locate one album in particular. :notes:

2 Likes

“How can we sleep when our beds are burnin…” :metal:t2:

1 Like

Classic, yep that was on the album I had! :sunglasses:

Such a masterful and hauntingly beautiful track from one of my favorite movies.

Vangelis - Blade Runner Blues

Blade Runner Blues - Vangelis

2 Likes

Meanwhile, things have taken a remarkable turn over here. In a stunning turn of events, I have pivoted and stumbled upon this incredible album:

This has to be one of the best cross-over projects I have heard. Wow.

1 Like

I went through the Goat Rodeo Sessions album again this morning on the bedroom system to see 1) how it played in there. It was superb. and 2) Was this album as good as I thought it was last night? It was! After a break to get in some playoff football, I am starting tonight with some nice guitar work. This is Calum Graham and Don Ross with “12:34”. Simply sublime on the HE1000 V2’s.

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Cavalli Liquid Platinum > HiFIMAN HE1000 V2 Stealth

1 Like

I think I am back into the acoustic guitar groove! That is a good thing. And this is a good album. It’s Brooks Williams and “Little Lion”.

One more before I call it a night. This is an interesting one from Big Big Train called “Folklore”. Definitely a great listen and a strong finish to a great session.

1 Like