Listening to tonight (Part 2)

Got home from work and slapped on my HE-R9’s and pulled this up:

1 Like

Went off on a bit of a tangent this evening/morning. Enjoying this a great deal at the moment.

This particular piece is giving me chills.

AMHD > Douk Audio U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Singxer SA-1 > Focal Elegia

1 Like

This sounds like it could have come from a time capsule. If you like reggae at all this is a must listen. Also, just got the Elex in a few days ago and finally having time to sit down and listen. Really loving them so far and my Elegia my get jealous :laughing:

Vinyl > Pl-518 > Nagaoka MP-110 > Mani > Q5s > Elex

2 Likes
3 Likes

Soekris 2541 > Feliks Echo Mk1 > HD600

Definitely enjoying myself!

Featuring : A little Mark Lettieri fronting Cory Wong and his band for a little Friday Night Funk/Jazz… With a bit of a Snarky Puppy vibe thrown in for flavor…

2 Likes

Victor Wooten’s turn to funk down with Cory Wong and his crew…
Yeah, it’s a gas man…

3 Likes

roon → Allo DigiOne → Schiit Yggdrasil → Violectric HPA V550 → Focal Radiance

1 Like

Just playing along, as it is Funky Friday after-all…

roon → Holo Spring3 KTE → Ferrum OOR/Hypsos → Focal Radiance

1 Like

So while I was serching for some funky stuff I stumbled on this old classic from one of my favorite movies of all time, Bullitt.
I still have this movie on VHS tape and DVD, lol…
This particular short jazzy piece had that cool 1968 SanFran California vibe as well as the sexual tension between Bullitt and his girlfriend.
The entire soundtrack by Lalo Schifrin is superb…imho.

2 Likes

Tidal > BF2 > A3 > Grado SR60 w/Dekoni Velours
I always have some level of fit problems with on-ears. I love these earpads so much.
Grado can be really great with certain genres of music. I have a pair of SR225e with big foam Geekria pads which are uncomfy and a fairly difficult listen thus far. I’m going to padswap those two back and forth to see what’s what.

2 Likes

Radiance :headphones:

1 Like

I’ve got an old 12" - 45 rpm Single vinyl record of this old hit.
I have no idea what song is on the B side of this record let alone know where it’s located in my vinyl collection racks… I bought this disc in 1977 the year it came out.
The fantastic Lionel Richie and the Commodores, Brick House… Hope it’s funky enough…

3 Likes

Binging the Nitty to the Gritty !!! :notes:

1 Like

You have yourselve a great evening @Delta9K .
Time for bed for this old music lover. 2:00 am. here…
I enjoy digging up funky music as well as new and interesting artists and titles from jazz and rock…

Take care man. :grinning:

1 Like

I brushed my teeth and was on the way to bed then I saw this. The track Trinity from Snarky Puppies newest album.
I’m ordering the CD tomorrow…

1 Like

Well, it is finally Saturday. I just finished off my weekly music shopping and my last purchase was Leech by Seether.
So, today is going to be Seether Saturday. I have:
Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces
Holding onto Strings Better Left to Fray
Isolate and Medicate
Poison the Parish
Si Vis Pacem, Para Vellum
Assorted singles and special editions
And the new single, Leech

The tools in use will be Schiit BF2 to iFi Pro iCAN to HiFiman HE6se V2’s (medium gain, tube mode, bass boost on and 3D effect on).
78 songs resulting in more than five hours of Seether!

:+1:

4 Likes

The more I listen to the Elex, the more I’m falling in love with them! I continue to test them on my “lower end” amps and will work my way up to the Liquid Platinum. Hands down prefer the sound of the hip dac over the Q5s, especially with the Xbass on. I’ll agree with most users that they are not bass head phones, but with the very well implemented iFi Xbass, these have a very generous quantity and the quality is still there. They are probably the most natural sounding headphones I own.

Bandcamp > iPad > hip dac > Elex

2 Likes

All found on the album:

roon → Schiit Yggdrasil → Violectric V550 → Focal Radiance

3 Likes

Doin some more time tripp’n

From the Album:

:headphones: Radiance

3 Likes