Listening to tonight (Part 2)

6 Likes

@John_W_Clark Geez, John…this is stunning on so many levels! Creativity,
stark contrasts, incredible focus of unison sections and harmony with vocal
matching that’s uncanny, to the amazing photography and color saturation, etc.
etc. etc. Thanks for the treat! Will ck them out further!

1 Like

Very interesting. I went and checked them out on AMHD.

I’m diggin it. Not every track, but it’s nice. There is a pretty good band behind them, and it’s well done. Thanks for sharing! It’s cool to discover new and interesting music.

2 Likes

You guys seen this movie? Wow, fantastic.

Cayin RU6 - Stax 252s - L300

1 Like

Tidal > BF2 > A3 > Senn 8xx

2 Likes

Happy Saturday eve to all. I just came off of watching with the Wife a live Joe Banamasa set from London, recorded about 2019. Great stuff. So, I’m starting off the session tonight with something totally different!

I think he is nailing it. A completely different take on a classic and I’m Loving it.

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > XDuoo-TA-20 > HiFIMAN Edition XS

1 Like

Did a little buying (and pre-buying) on Saturday:

3 Likes

Hans Zimmer fans, this is a video that might interest you! It’s in German, but if you watch, you get the idea of what’s being said etc. The venue in Vienna is spectacular, so visually it’s stunning. Most of all, the musical performances are too good to pass up.

Youtube > SMSL M200 > Realistic 7-band EQ > Denon AVR-2808 > Senn HD 660S

3 Likes

I have the cd/blu ray of the Vienna concert. Good stuff.

1 Like

Vancouver Metro Orchestra

5 Likes

Going very old school metal for me.

3 Likes

Enjoying a nice easy groove at the moment

Enjoying the new amp so far, it’s a real improvement over the SP200 I was running.

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > XDuoo TA-20 Pre > SMSL SH-9 > Focal Elegia

2 Likes

When I stumbled into that one. I knew it was going in here, because somebody would enjoy it as something a bit different, and with serious talent.

The video production and photography quality was amazing too, maybe even more so since I had never heard of Tulia before. It made for a great first impression.

1 Like

@John_W_Clark Yes, new to me as well. Very unique.

1 Like

roon/qobuz → Spring3 KTE → OOR/Hypsos → Susvara

5 Likes

An early one from Joan and the Girls. In the club!

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=xiJlAE2sfQc&list=PL4PFO72JVMas58jNDBm2X0Gougw0u0FfH
1 Like
4 Likes

Its a Techo kind of night!

2 Likes

PC → BTR5 → Mangrid Tea

3 Likes

Being an old schooler, I just stumbled upon Popping Music/ Funk for Funky Friday…
Some unique stuff in this style of music… I even found A Herbie Hancock cut from the album Feets Don’t Fail Me Now, that meets the criteria… LoL

3 Likes