Listening to tonight (Part 2)

Alan Parsons is a band that is a detour for me, and about as “soft rock” as I get, but sometimes I just like it as background music while I work. They have great sound engineering and composition.

After listening to too much soft rock, I needed to get my head right with some G3. This is a on demand band of three guitarists, setup by Joe Satriani, my favorite is the one he did with Eric Johnson and Steve Vai. I included a few tracks from the album, since it is an underappreciated gem.

3 Likes

Flac > uaap > apple dongle > er2se

4 Likes

For fans of Kind of Blue…Tierney Sutton style.

Driven to Tears - YouTube

AMHD>Bifrost 2>Asgard 3 and…Olinas!

2 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

2 Likes

Funky Friday :notes:

roon → Allo DigiOne → Yggdrasil OG → V550 → HE6se V2

2 Likes
1 Like

Hey Delta.
I was looking at some YouTube funk channels early tonight. There was one slow jazz funk channel that had only one comment in the comment section. The person said play the songs at 1.25 speed.
I did and it was great… Toggled back and forth between normal and 1.25 speeds…
What a gas…:laughing:

2 Likes

I’ll have to give that a try

1 Like

I Just did with the first 2 songs you posted… Has to be a fairly slow BPM song .

1 Like

This one’s pretty good at both speeds…:smiley:
Poor Phil can’t hardly hold the sticks these days…

1 Like

They look like they are happier jammin @1.25
But, yeah I can see it taking its toll on poor Phil lol

If I was writing a song and it felt good but was just missing that special spark I guess I’d play with the tape speed until I found the sweet spot then re record it at that tempo.
Have you noticed how many young Snarky Puppy - like funk jazz clone bands there are on the scene now?

2 Likes

Since you mention it, yes. I think it is because “jam” bands of the modern jazz/fusion/jazz funk have an appealing sound and mix making recognizable to a broader audience.

Old dudes like me remember when groups had a decent horn (mixed brass and woodwinds) section and more percussion than just a kit in the center of it all. So I guess for myself its emotional connections.

I’m not sure my response is coherent … But I’m too tired to edit lol

Going to bail out tonight - Catch you later

1 Like

I’m a geezer too … Also heading to bed…
Have a great weekend…:+1:

1 Like

This has been a nice surprise. Really diggin it!

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > XDuoo TA-20 > Focal Elegia

2 Likes

Smartphone LDAC → Topping DX3 pro + → IBasso SR2

2 Likes