Listening to tonight (Part 2)

1 Like
2 Likes

Whenever I hear that phrase “More CowBell” Hair of the Dog is what I hear. Pretty sure it is not what those saying it were meaning though…

:metal:

1 Like

Dan McCafferty’s voice is rock & roll.
I’m guessing he was a big influence on Brian Johnson when he went in to do Back In Black with ACDC. If you listen to Geordie, Johnson’s voice was nothing like he did for ACDC. He was singing with Geordie, not screaming, & ACDC wanted something over the top.

4 Likes
3 Likes

I am going back in time myself this evening with an old fave when I was growing up

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Singxer SA-1 > LSA HP-2

5 Likes

Since I am revisiting my youth, here is one that must be included

Same setup as above!

7 Likes

New stuff from Eric Johnson? Yes, please.

And as we get deeper into the night, I have found something different and very interesting

A very cool way to wrap up the evening.

3 Likes

I remember playing this LP (vinyls to you young folk) on my trusty Oracle Delphi turntable with the lights off and the blinds drawn on rainy stormy nights.
Mark Isham went on to write and produce many great movie soundtracks. Check out some more of his music.
It’s thoughtful and emotional plus it brings back fond memories for me. Analog music reproduction at It’s finest.imho

2 Likes

tidal.com/browse/artist/31005540

塞壬唱片-MSR • 危機合約尋晝行動 (遊戲原聲帶) spotify

Headphone/IEM Warning: Bass Canon song

1 Like

Tidal > BF2 > G111 > DT880-600Ω
:eyes:

3 Likes

I finished off my afternoon playing Donald Byrd. I bought a 4-pack of albums. They are from 1956/57.
My05NzIzLmpwZWc

I got so excited, I bought another 4-pack , plus two individual albums. :grin:

2 Likes

A little early in the evening for this, but it’s been a while since I heard it. So chill…

3 Likes

My latest crush object:

3 Likes

Was doing some poking around the office and found some CDs I picked up from a local artist at the local wine and arts festival back in 2006. Cool guy as I remember. Currently enjoying this one

It’s very Zen! Lovely stuff, really. After the day I have had, it’s appropriate. Breathe…

Local CD > XDuoo TA-20 > LSA HP-2

2 Likes

Interesting. I like her voice a lot.

What’s that you say? A new project from Jazz Funk Soul? Why yes, please.

It’s Friday for me, so consider this my early entry for Funky Friday! Also, I am enjoying the tube tonight. First time I have had the HP-2s connected to it and so far, I love it. Smooth, warm and precise. Bass hits surprisingly well on this amp. A really pleasing experience.

AMHD > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit Bifrost 2> XDuoo TA-20 > LSA-HP-2

2 Likes

I’ve been binging her stuff. On a few she does some remarkable things with her voice.

Oh, people, do listen to this:

2 Likes