Listening to tonight (Part 2)

FLAC > CMUS > Fiio BTA30 PRO > Freya S > Vidar (monoblock) > Klipsch R-620F

2 Likes

On my way soon to hear our area symphony, in which I played for 20 years.
A premiere of a piano concerto and Mahler’s 5th Symphony!!

1 Like

1 Like

WOW! I had no idea the man was this talented. Silly me thought Live at Leeds rocked… Liked it so much I just ordered the 14 song album from Germany.

Late in the afternoon, through my Google new feed, I discovered there is a new Crosses album coming in December and a new single dropped yesterday.
I got so excited I pre-bought the new album, getting the new single immediately and then went back to their 2014 album and bought some more songs off it. I now have over an hour of Cross’s music in my Deftones playlist! Yes… :+1:t3:

1 Like

Got introduced to this a bit ago.

5 Likes

@Michael Me too. Just popped up on YT one day. LOVE that vid/track/performance!!
Have you seen the ones of the Tokyo Blue Note Jazz Orchestra? Really good!

No, I posted that right after I finished watching it. But I’m definitely going to look up more of them.

The sheer skill involved performing this song is amazing. It’s been a favorite of mine for some time but to watch them play it live is always fantastic. …

3 Likes

Check out …But Seriously (2016 Remaster) by Phil Collins on Amazon Music
https://music.amazon.com/albums/B01ES9LM8C?ref=dm_sh_uOKegmniqDoJbNbdGjU2EOZIG

1 Like

I uploaded this song on the part 1 section of this thread some time ago.
I discovered the artist Anna von Hausswolff while watching a YouTube video featuring some Voxativ Ampeggio high end speakers and other high end equipment.
The sound was incredible, even on YouTube through a Samsung tablet ( no headphones )
I immediately bought the CD and played it on my system and was blown away by the haunting emotion and unique sound of her voice coupled with a large pipe organ… The room acoustics, the room echo, the air pumping through the organ at the start, her accent, the building crescendo of her vocals mirrored by the organ…

A perfect song for a Halloween evening…:ghost::japanese_ogre:
Cheers…:grin:

I’m breaking out the vintage AKG K340 electrostatic-dynamic combo headphones a run tonight on the JDS Labs El Amp 2+ with the RME ADI-2 (AKM version) as my DAC. Currently listening to some proggy goodness in the form of Arena’s The Seventh Degree of Separation.

1 Like

2 Likes
3 Likes

Damn after that I had to …

2 Likes

@Dobbs I discovered Anna von Hausswolff a while back also…There is just something about those pipe organs…It is just an amazing sound…I also enjoying listening to her on my regular system…The Klipsch horns do wonders for the pipe organs…You know it sounds good when the wife approves… :rofl:

2 Likes

@Guarddawg30 I have Klipsch too. Here’s the best recording imo of a classic
organ piece. Available on AMHD too.

Toccata and Fugue in D Minor, BWV 565 - YouTube

1 Like

A bit of dope Dancehall…

Check out Blue by Joni Mitchell on Amazon Music
https://music.amazon.com/albums/B001L2EE9Y?ref=dm_sh_0TIv85IIslmofnQw4Y5Y7aVyL

2 Likes

Nice…I have always liked the Klipsch sound…I came across a pair of KLF-30’s at a local estate sale a few years ago…The gentleman having the sale told me he was the original owner…he bought them at the end of January in 2000…they were in pristine condition…He took really good care of them, but his wife passed away and he was moving to Florida with his kids…I got them for pennies on the dollar…I still think the reason nobody wanted them was the size and weight…They weigh around 105lbs each…They were all original pair of mahogany ones…I upgraded the tweeters and mids with the Crites replacements…I’ll have a listen to that tonight.

2 Likes