Listening to tonight (Part 2)

PC > Zishan Z4 > Fearless Provence (BAL cable)

I bought this Zishan for kicks because it sounded so good to be that cheap, boy i’m glad i did, i’ve been using it a lot, also got a NiceHCK Black Cat for my Provence.

3 Likes

Man what a trip (literally)?

I had Saturn by Kunzite on a ‘likes’ list from quite a while ago, and found it that on YouTube they have a visualization/music video for the whole album, all sci-fi and psychedelic. It’s good, but the real gem was finding this music video next.

I laughed, I cried, I thought the music was fantastic:

I’ll definitely be crawling through more of their music soon.

While that has Western themes woven in (Ennio Morricone vibes when the man in the black hat appears), this one feels like it’s straight out of a Few Dollars More, but sung my someone flapping their hand over their mouth int he mirror while they should be brushing their teeth:

(There’s an extended version of this one too. Haven’t watched the show.)

EDIT: Ok so now I definitely need to hear the rest of the soundtrack, and this video is fascinating about it: ‘The White Lotus’ score makes me ANXIOUS. Here’s why. - YouTube

1 Like

Pulling another all nighter! The time change and schedule change really has my insomnia hitting another level. I think I’ve gotten like 5-6 hours of sleep in the last 4 days. Oh well, I’ll hit the wall eventually and in the meantime I have plenty of headphone time lol! :joy:

Current rig is Hifiman HE560 V1 plugged into the Schiit Lyr (OG w/ Amperex ECC88s installed) with the Modi Multibit 2 providing decoding duties.

At the top of my current queue is Fish On Friday’s 2012 effort, Airborne. FOF’s albums always present and interesting mix of musical styles and influences. I have been on a huge prog kick since like September and one of the reasons why is because you’re almost always listening to more than one genre on a given track or album and I’ve really been studying how bands go about melding styles and influences into a coherent and unique whole. That studying really helped make studio time and songwriting more productive this fall/winter.

51nklJqqedL.SY1000

1 Like

Switched to they Cayin N8ii and the ThieAudio Prestige so I can listen while I lay down and enjoy the experience and maybe eventually some sleep even though the sun is already up lol! :joy:

For music, I put on the album that for me was the best release of 2022, The Mars Volta’s eponymous return. I can’t even explain how stoked I was when I heard that TMV was putting out a new album, but I was also a bit apprehensive. Return albums after long hiatuses with tons of anticipation go one of two ways: 1) They tank and become the red-headed step child of a band’s discography that no one listens to or talks about or 2) They meet or surpass expectations and often become a favorite from the artist. Well, this album was better than I even dared to hope it would be. I listen to it a lot and I haven’t yet gotten bored with it at all. It stacks up right behind De-loused as my second favorite of TMV’s discography. I only hope I can squeeze in a live show to see them perform it at some point. If you haven’t heard this album yet, get to it!

3 Likes

Really cool video! :grin: And song! :blush:

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAr3RWeg987/?hl=en

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

Here’s a talented instumental jazz-rock/fusion band from Japan :
Fragile: Album : 5
From the year 2000, if my memory serves me…
FULL ALBUM***

2 Likes

I have the Emu Teaks plugged into my Magni 3+ with the Modi Multibit 2 decoding all the hi-res bits my laptop sends it. Why the teaks? I wanted to start out my morning with a little bit of fun and energy and the Teaks are a very fun headphone that is always easy in the ears, too.

For music I picked Vulfpeck’s new album, Schvits. It’s a great lighthearded album that’s catchy and upbeat. Vulfpeck’s music in general has a way of lifting my mood and after another night of very little sleep that’s exactly what I needed.

1 Like

Amazon HD > iDSD Micro > ddHiFi 1/4” > 4.4mm > Serratus…

5 Likes

Choose your set/source to do this justice :raised_hands:

3 Likes
2 Likes

This is Hania Rani , the brilliant young Polish Pianist.
I love her playing as it makes me stop and think deeply inside the music. It stirs my soul…
I think of the stressful times people are going through in Eastern Europe and particularly Ukraine.
I listen to this song and it leads me to ponder the fates of all those men and women sitting in a cold muddy trench 6 feet underground. Hoping to see a new sunrise and perhaps a brighter future…

4 Likes

Friday, blessed Friday! Been a long, strange week indeed. Time to unwind. I seem to like to do that with this lately

Especially when I can get some speaker time in. Enjoy the evening, folks.

Local FLAC > Douk U2 Pro > Schiit BF2 > XDuoo TA-20 Pre > SMSL DA-9 > Triangle Borea BR02 w/ REL TZero mkiii sub

1 Like

Do you listen to much Keith Jarrett? I LOVE The Koln Concert, haven’t tried any of his other albums yet.

1 Like

Oh, yes… Beautiful pianist… World class…
Check out his work on the ECM Records…
Spirits is a good one…
His solo concert in Bremen is a very good album… A classic really…
Loads of his records on ECM check them out… His trio work with Gary Peacock and Jack DeJohnette are good albums and more my cup of tea…

I’m a little more Jazz / Fusion oriented so I got into Chick Corea a little more than Keith Jarrett’s music in my youth… I listen to him more now as I’m older though…

Bill Evans was one of the best Jazz pianists
(imho) especially when he was with Miles Davis… He has loads of great albums too…

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips.

1 Like