Listening to tonight (Part 1)

Tidal > HIP DAC > Fiio FH5
One of the best rap album’s, fight me!

3 Likes

Pretty sure some of my hearing damage is due to listening to this album way to loud in my car for like a year straight

1 Like

Pioneer PL-518 > Schiit Mani > (direct mode) Denon X1400H > Polk SDA 2B + SVS PB-1000 pro

2 Likes
1 Like

JFC I’ve tried to scrape this thread for new music ideas… I listened to the previous say 50 youtube links in this thread and found maybe 5 were ok. I have a wide variety of genres and preferences but for some reason I just can’t find much that I like. Especially the EDM, japanese gamer, or pretty much anything recent posted here.

This more more me reflecting upon my issues so don’t take it as an attack on your preferences. Just expressing frustration on finding new music say organically and not via an algo.

1 Like

This thread is…“listening to tonight”…ie what folks on HFGF are actually listening to …not holy fuck where’d you find that shit from thread…
Maybe try Unusual/Unique Artists You're Listening to? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Well if use what people are listening to as a proxy then it should be a pretty good discovery tool. I wanted to try the discovery process organically and not through an algo of liked music that I’ve already listened to.

The unusual thread tends to be swedish ska music or chickens pecking keys.

Again I captioned my post with “This more more me reflecting upon my issues so don’t take it as an attack on your preferences. Just expressing frustration on finding new music say organically”

Even if you say that, it still comes off as rude and unnecessary to say, as @Ohmboy mentions this is what people are actively listening to and enjoying, bashing that stuff will come off as rude no matter how you put it, specifically when this is just a general thread, not a music recommendation thread for a specific genre or person. It would be like coming into a food court and then ranting about how you hate various types of food when people are just trying to enjoy their meal lol

2 Likes

I have a suggestion:

1. Go to the main forum page
  2. Click this: image
  3. Type something like this:
  4. Send it off!
  5. Wait patiently and give nicely worded feedback (or hearts) image to not scare the people trying to help you away.
2 Likes

Ok that wasn’t the intended point. The point was to have post an observation. The observation is that you can take a random sample of say 50 postings that people are enjoying and that your own tastes and preferences don’t align.

So the point becomes not about what they enjoy and more about your own ability or inability to find what you enjoy. That does not imply that whey they enjoy is crap or derogatory but your own inability to find what you like.

To further put it you can go to an algo engine and say I like X and then it will suggest that you should listen to Y because other people who like X also like Y. Same thing about starting a thread of hey I like X can you suggest something. But organic discover removes that link and makes it a completely random process.

Anyway feel free to put me on mute or ignore if offended.

:+1:

1 Like

Or feel free not to post on this thread :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

:crazy_face:

7 Likes

Woah what happened here? Maybe I should stop lurking so much and start sharing some of my taste in music here lol. And also make a guide on how to discover music perhaps

A song to keep this post relevant to the thread:

1 Like

Qobuz > Soekris dac1321 > Violectric HPA V200 > Focal Clear MG

3 Likes

And I don’t care if @rmsanger likes it. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Celebrating 30 years. Brings back great college memories of a dorm room lit by fairy lights and chilling to this album.

7 Likes

Do yourself a favor and throw these guys five bucks. Really solid album from a local band, great production since the engineer is also the one laying down the beats. Really great stuff, some really good layering on Just Wow. Definitely give them a listen.

5 Likes

Dig this one. At first his voice made me feel I was playing a 45 on 33. Getting a Iggy Pop mixed with Tool feel. I see they have been around for a while so I’m sure there is much to explore

1 Like

Great suggestion. The beat on Set Fire is, well, :fire:

1 Like

Ok I’ll stop spamming the thread now

1 Like