Little bear B4X for 600ohm Beyers?

Hoping to go Fiio M9(2.1vrms) > LB B4X > DT880 600ohm. Would I get enough gain? The Beyers are fairly efficient current-wise but require a ton of voltage due to the high impedance. In my experience, they are significantly harder to drive than my Senn HD600. My Fiio A5 does a fine job, I just want to hear that TUBE SOUND everybody’s talking about.

Tubes naturally work better with higher impedance headphones, so you should be fine. I used to have a regular b4, and it worked fine on most of my headphones except power hungry low impedance planars.

Edit: the b4x isn’t a true tube amp in the sense I was talking, so what I said above might not apply regarding the tubes working better with high impedance because the b4x uses opamps to power the headphones, but either way, the b4x will give you some of the tube experience and most likely power the beyers just fine at reasonable listening levels. Although something to take note of is the original b4 lists being compatible with 16-400 ohm headphones, while the b4x is listed as being compatible with 16-300ohm. It won’t be ideal, but I don’t think there will be a significant problem.

Unless you need otg? then maybe a Little Dot MKII good for 600ohms all day long.

Seems like that’s what he was planning on, otherwise a little dot or darkvoice would be great

Yea, I might go for a real OTL tube amp down the road but a low cost, portable hybrid seems like a good way to try adding some tubeyness to my life in the interim.

I have the Beyer DT 990 250 Ohm and is also interested in knowing which budget (USD 100-200) Tube Amp will pair well and power these cans sufficiently without the feeling of needing more power.

As a follow-up, the Loxjie P20 is not available to me but i saw Z reviewed the Xduoo TA-10 Hybrid tube amp. In my area, the Xduoo TA-10 is still within the USD 200 price range hence the consideration.