Looking for a Dac/Amp Stack

Should i get an hybrid tube amp? would it have enough power to power anything?

1 Like

first, donā€™t be in such a rushā€¦ being hurried leads to mistakes and mistakes to a loss if money.

here is the iFi Zen on Amazon

second, here are two excellent amps to consider. U would get the Asgard 3 first.

https://www.schiit.com/products/asgard

then the Lyr 3 hybrid tube

https://www.schiit.com/products/lyr-1

I have the iFi DAC and LOVE it and thise two Schiit amps are on my list.

i am confused, do i get all 3?

How does the Schiit setup work?

if you want to, yesā€¦ but I would get the DAC off Amazon and then the Asgard 3 to start.

the Lyr 3 has a 3 month lead time, but the Asgard 3 says it will ship right away.

if you have an itchy finger and want to buy stuff, look at getting the Lokius, itā€™s an EQ.

https://www.schiit.com/products/lokius

schiit bifrost and jotunheim

1 Like

Does these have everything i am looking for and more?

1 Like

Could you pair the Lyr and Bifrost together?

1 Like

What do i need to connect the bifrost and jotunheim together? Which one do i plug the headphones in? When i listen to music etcā€¦ on my desktop

1 Like

Which options do i choose? When i am choosing the option list.

1 Like

@KT08 the Bifrost us an excellent DAC, so yes, go for it.

the Jot is a lot more than the Asgard, but many comment it doesnā€™t sound that much better so itā€™s not really worth the higher price.

also, you should be able to connect any amp you want to the Bifrost. the Asgard, the Lyr and any models from other brands.

the Bifrost takes up most of your budget thoā€¦ which makes the Asgard an even better but because if how good itā€™s performance is.

the Jot does have one interesting feature very few amps have thoā€¦ the amp and preamp outputs work at the same time, so you could have a subwoofer connected to make an even more intense bass experience for music and gaming.

youā€™re in the USA, so 115v for voltage and then the USA plug. the finish is your choiceā€¦ black or silver, whatever you like the look of the most.

if you get the Asgard, Lyr or Jot, same choices, but for the module select no module as your ysing the Bifrost as the DAC.

Iā€™ll get the Asgard and Bifrost first and get the Lyr later on, when they can ship the product right away

2 Likes

excellent choices! Iā€™m envious!

your suggestions were spot on. I had some tunnel vision cause I love iFi. :wink:

I just checked the shipping cost, itā€™s a lot, so i might have to hold off on buying them, i might have to wait a month and a half to get them, i wasnā€™t counting that the shipping cost would cost this much lol

shipping is $27 to $65

$27 with kinda Tracking and unsure where the package is

$65 with tracking and you will know your package is safe

Why does shipping cost so much, if itā€™s made in the USA, it just doesnā€™t make sense lol

With Sales Tax + Shipping Cost, it costs well over a $1,000, itā€™s more like $1,100 lol

I suggest contacting them about the freight abd see what they say.

you could look on the US Audio Mart and find savings. just keep in mind you want the Asgard 3 and Lyr 3. Iā€™m not 100% sure what the current gen the Bifrost is, but I think itā€™s 2.

itā€™s close to 1AM for meā€¦ Iā€™m crashing now, so gā€™nite!

also, $1100 isnā€™t to badly over budgetā€¦ 10% is reasonable.

and a reminderā€¦ patience, no need to be in a rush. :slight_smile:

Marzipan gave you some great advice. I have the Asgard 3 paired with a Topping e30
dac, and also would like the Bifrost, but must wait on that. Keep in mind that the Asgard
doesnā€™t have balanced, but does have plenty of power and performance. Good listening
to you. PS yes, their shipping is high, but is not hidden in their product costā€¦and Schiitā€™s products are top notch.