Looking for a good priced Dac

I’m looking for a Dac for my Topping A90D. I like the sound of R2R Dacs but find them relatively expensive. Otherwise, something like a Chord Mojo 2 comes to mind if I can use it as a pure Dac. I would actually get a Chord Chordette EX for a little less, but I don’t know if the 2014 Dac is still worth it today. Feel free to share your assessment. I’m grateful for every opinion

1 Like

Have you considered a Schiit Bifrost?

3 Likes

Schiit products are very expensive here in EU. I know hey are good known for best price to performance ratio but with fees its not very attractive. Is the Chord Dac from 2014 outdated?

If you are planning to just use it on your computer. There is the Hifiman ef400 that they have been having sales on lately used for 300. It works great as a R2r dac. Not a fan of the amp in it though.

welcome to HFG, Bafri!

can you tell us more about your sound chain?

also, are you against buying used, because if you are okay with used you may find an R2R DAC in your budget range.

1 Like

Hey thank you Marzipan. First of all im not against used market like ebay. Im really open to that but consider that i came from germany - also in terms of the power consumption.
My chain is really simple. Audeze LCD 4 and Topping A90D, like i said. I thought about an used Chord Mojo for around 200€, but dosent know if its a good standalone Dac in 2023.
To my preferences. I like a detailed sound but also on the warm side. One area that is really important for me are Vocals. Maybe that helps

1 Like

take a look at the UK / European Audio Mart and see if anything stands out to you: