Looking for a great openback

i currently have 177x go for my closed back
senn hd 560s for my competetive gaming

i am i bass nut and am looking for a great openback headphone for my single player games. still would like to have great imaging and good treble sparkle, but also delivers some good low end bass for the explosions.

i have a desktop mic, using a topping mx3 for a temp dac into my topping a30pro amp

looking to spend around 250.

thought of trying the philips fidelio x2 heard they would be good for me,but thought i would ask here for suggestions.

so openback, imaging, great overall sound, with some really good kick in the bass dept

thx, what should i try

In that price range and wanting the best bass in an “open” back I’d say your best bet is a Fostex T60RP or the T60RP. Not sure how the SE of the A30pro would handle these as they do need a good chunk of power to run but you can get a balanced cable for the 60.

The a30pro is not really a (differential) balanced output amp. Same power output balanced and SE (5.5W in 32 Ohm Measurements)

Should handle the T60 well enough.

2 Likes

I think the X2HR sounds like a great choice for what you’re looking for.

This is a little bit lower than your budget, but the Beyer Tygr 300 r is pretty great, If you dont want the mic included, you can instead do an upgrade on the pads with the remaining budget:

$169 right now without the mic:

$245 right now on amazon with the mic included:
beyerdynamic TEAM TYGR Streaming Bundle including The Open-Back Gaming Headphone TYGR 300 R and The USB-Microphone Fox https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KTG74S7/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_172XY4SPY4CZD47F8JBR

i second tygr 300 r can buy it with only headphones on beyer website

Yeah, I got this without the mic from the beyer website. The headphones are solid, but the mic maybe not, you can probably buy a better mic