Looking for a jack of all trades, master of... some?

The LCD 2 Classic has pretty nice mids with a warmer sound as well, so that could be something to look into

A pads, they have enough bass for me and the B pads accentuated the treble even more which my ears couldn’t handle for more than a few songs. I’m pretty young and I’ve got tinnitus which I’m certain doesn’t help at all.

The LCD-2 have been on my radar since the start, too, I’ll definitely look into them

I guess for now you could try some eq and see what you think, because if you really like the headphone, but just don’t like the peaky treble, you might be able to fix that with eq. Also didn’t know you had tinnitus, so yeah the 1990 might be much in the treble

I tried EQ, it’s better, but I think the overall sound signature isn’t for my ears. When the treble gets to a genuinely comfortable range, the sound signature changes enough that I like the overall sound a lot less. I feel like the extent to which I would have to EQ it to really enjoy it tells me that I’m better suited to a warmer, more relaxed signature with accentuated vocals. I like the highs, it’s just my ears don’t

1 Like

Upon some further researching, pretty sure my next try will be the Edition XX’s. The LCD-2C’s seem to be close, but $200 more and much heavier, which my pencil-neck probably can’t support. Everyone seems to say that they have good, very present bass with great vocals and rolled-off highs. If anyone could confirm how the mids sound on the XX’s it would be much appreciated, as that’s my only concern at this point.

Oh, and Drop’s return policy, if they even have one.

The mids are actually kinda forward and are pretty good. I would say they are present and nice and relaxed

When you say forward, do you mean that the vocals sound ‘above’ the instruments, like they stand out from the rest of the noise?

They are open and have space for the instruments and vocals. Vocals are a bit laid back, but still cut through the mids

Sounds like what I’m looking for, I like the vocals to be a bit separate and up-front from the rest of the instrumentals. Thanks for all your help! I think the XX’s will be the one’s for me based on what I’ve been hearing about them.