Looking for a Passive Preamp or In-Line Volume Controller

Hey there,
I am planning to buy ADAM T5Vs, but I have no way to controll the output level on my SMSL M3. I have been looking at Mackie Big Knob passive and Schiit SYS, but are there any other options?

JBL and nobsound make passives as does… I cant remember but it was a nice one with a stepped attenuator That zeos featured in one ep
If you want to go custom high end a company named gold point makes them for a few hundred

I saw the JBL some where, but I’m not a fan of how it looks. Custom high end is a bit out of my price range. Looking to keep it between 50-100€($).

I like the Mackie big knob passive, pretty nice

I’ve got the JDS Labs Ol Switcher. I like it well enough

1 Like

Is there anything like the big knob, but with a remote?

That’s just most likely going to be a preamp at this point

@BluJay614 Thanks I’ll look into it.

I was going to suggest the Creek OBH-12 or 24, but they are more expensive than I remembered.

preamps are way to expensive. for the price of a Parasound Pre3 i could get a IOTAVX SA3 integrated…

I found one with out the big knob, with a remote and BT. https://www.doukaudio.com/nobsound-pga2310-bluetooth-audio-receiver-hi-fi-preamplifier-remote-control-p0069.html

There you go lol, seems to check all the boxes

This one looks even cooler. too bad its from China and will take ages to get to here. Especially with the whole corona thing.

A Yamaha CX-1000 was also offered to me. Waiting for pricing details. Probably will end up spending more and addinga SA3 amp instead of pre-amp and another PA3 down the line :smiley: