Looking for a serious BLON BL-03 upgrade

True, the Tin P1 isn’t and it’s top of the OP’s list. I haven’t heard many of the other suggestions but I would suggest that.

FH7’s will jack the Blon’s sig and add mids and space…the FH7’s Bass has slightly less sub (unless eq’ed) but it’s faster, more detailed and textured…the mids are an out right win having a far better timber, mid piano frequencies sound realistic and uncluttered like on the 03’s, as does male and female vocals, highs are more articulate, faster and focused.
The sound stage width is a tad wider, imagining and space is on another level…so it should be costing 10x + the cost and worth it after owning both.

Oh and the set’s tuneable with it’s filters and tips.

3 Likes

The list isn’t really laid out in any particular order other than the first things to come to mind. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This one keeps coming up in the running for my top choice, just trying to figure out if I want to make that big of a jump or not.

2 Likes

I love me some good bass. I don’t want it to crowd anything out but if I’m being honest solid bass is probably the most important part of the sound signature to me. I like excitement and energy in my headphones.

This was my fall into FH7 ownership and i’ve no regretted getting them once :+1:

1 Like

Then the CA Polaris 2 could be something for you.

That’s what I think, and if @Mr_Makua thinks the bass is a tad much, it can always be EQd down a tad.
I personally never thought it was too much, and I’m not even a basshead

1 Like

I think it depends on the track being listened to. I owned the polaris v2 and sold them. They sounded great, but the bass was a tad too bloated on metal and hard rock tracks for my liking. I couldn’t justify keeping them considering the price. But they are really nice with hip hop, soul and edm.

To each their own I guess, I mostly listen to metal and thought they were okay.

1 Like

Metal didn’t sound awful or anything, just not the best genre on them. I’m thinking of saving up for the Atlas, but I have a ways to go.

1 Like

I think it takes a big jump in :moneybag:to improve on your fav sound sig iem wise (not talking about a different one) i’m well happy with the FH7’s, if I did up tier then I would be looking a circa $2k as their are so many so so good $1k iem’s on the market both ChiFi and boutique.

2 Likes

after Andromeda’s in my opinion the only true gains come in custom IEMs, universals after about $1000 are just too expensive, and most companies create custom models of the same IEMs for only a few $$$ more.

I’m loving the Atlas after having them for 72 hours, but I would recommend trying them first if you can, or buy from a headphones.com or a bloomaudio with returns just because the people who don’t like them have a real hard time with the fit. I will admit that I am fiddling with them more than I do with many of my other iems. If you use silicone tips, driver flex is a real issue but seems to be getting better (or I’m getting better at inserting the iems). But if you do find that sweet spot, these are really tough to beat

1 Like

They look pretty sweet, but I’m afraid that’s beyond the limit of what I want to spend right now. You like them better than the Andros?

They’re different enough from the Andros that I can justify owning both I think, while stealing some of the things I like about the Andromedas. They handle the highs similarly, but the Atlas adds in quite a bit of bass. I love the way the Andromedas disappear once I put them in, but the treble gets a little fatiguing if I listen for too long. So far the Atlas aren’t fatiguing at all, but I am fidgeting and adjusting them a lot more often. I still think for $250 the JVC FDX01 are the best performance to price that I’ve personally heard, but the Rai Solo has my interest

1 Like

I’ve heard very mixed things about the rai solo (being not good but I can’t confirm)

@Towa above said they were the best dynamic driver he’s heard. I love my Meze Empyreans, but I’m meh on my Noirs so I could see both the Solos and the Pentas going either way for me. I am a fan of dynamic driver iems though if they get the tuning right, so I may check them out. I suddenly find myself buying a lot of iems for a guy who didn’t consider himself an iem person

1 Like

I do like my penta’s, but I wouldn’t pay what they go for new, I would really look used

Hey @M0N! I was wondering if you would show up! :slight_smile: Any thoughts or suggestions on my above list? You were very helpful on my desktop setup!