Looking for a Set of Powered Speaker for Desk / Nearfield?

Desk Size : 59" by 29.5"

Room Size : 17ft by 12ft

Self-Powered Preferred. Budget around $800. Not looking for anything in particular, Just all-rounder. Currently eyeing the Klipsch The Fives. Do you guys have any recommendations?

the new Kali IN-5 or IN-8 might be a good choice for desk. They’re self powered, front ported and are 3 way with coaxial midrange and treble drivers

They’re on the low end of your budget ($400/pair) but I just picked up a pair of Adam T5Vs and have been very happy so far.

Haven’t heard the Klipsch 5’s, but I have a pair of R-15pm and have been very pleased with them. Even used them in my living room for quit some time. I’m sure the 5’s are great, but the R-15pm’s can be found pretty cheap.

I recently bought a pair of the Vanatoo Transparent 0’s and couldn’t be happier. Probably the best near field speakers I’ve ever heard. They dissappear in my room.

yeah vanatoos and a sub, I have the t0 but at that price you could try the t1s (I don’t think those need the sub tho), in general I do think it’s better to not have something huge or back ported on a desk