Looking for advice on budget headphones for competitive gaming

Let me give some backstory.
So I’m a student from Finland so the maximum amount I’m comfortable paying is 180€. As I’m living in Finland anything from outside the eu will be very expensive. Atm my main headset I have been gaming on is a hyperx cloud 2 and sometimes on my kz es4’s mainly i would like something that doesn’t need an amp. The game i mostly play is Rainbow six siege. I also have heard that iems could be an option too. I have mainly been looking at the beyerdynamic dt770 80ohm or dt880 320ohm. I could use open-backs too so environment isn’t a problem. And in terms of the iems i have been looking at the kz zsn pros and tin t2’s.
Help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally think the best you could get would be the dt880 250 ohm, but you would also want an amp with that

If you only cared about gaming performance, the audio technica ad700x doesn’t need an amp and is very good for competitive gaming, but isn’t the most comfortable and isn’t as good for music.

If massdrop is an option, they have their sennheiser hd58x for 25 usd off right now, but I don’t know the costs it will be for you. I think if you didn’t want to get an amp, this would be a great idea

I do think the dt770 80 ohm is a good option but I think the dt880 is higher preforming imo

1 Like

Dt880, shp9500, ad700x, 58X if you’re treble sensitive, 4XX, Takstar hf580/hi3050. A lot of good choices.

for the IEMs, you might want to go for the BLON BL-03s instead for a steal and a damn good one for the price. Also, in terms of open backs, give the Philips SHP9500 a try and for the close back if you want comfort and long usage, Cooler Master MH751/752 which is a rebranded Takstar Pro 82.