Looking for an adapter

I need a 3.5mm mono male to 3.5mm stereo female adapter.

I have someone that is looking to use other headphones with a mono phone jack and wants sound to both ears.

I find stereo to mono adapters, but not the other way around. <_<

I’m so confused by this. Are the headphones dual entry?

That sounds like someone you will have to solder up yourself.

I don’t think “reverse Airplane Adapter” is a thing.

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=7128

This seems like exactly what was requested.

But why? I literally don’t get why you would want to not have stereo audio.

if you read my op…the source is mono off a phone. in order to get sound to both speakers on some headphones you need a mono to stereo adapter otherwise only one ear will get sound. :slight_smile:

Dual mono headphones? You can’t convert mono to stereo. It isn’t possible with analog.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: no…I gave you the answer in my last reply.

I saw what you said I’m just wondering how you could have a mono source and hope to get anything other than mono sound to both sides. You’re literally going to have no left and right, both sides will be identical at all times.

correct…but without the adapter the user won’t have sound to both speakers on their headphones or earbuds. doesn’t matter if it’s mono just sound from both sides. :slight_smile:

Is the headphone end maybe trrs 3.5mm? 3.5trs to 3.5trrs might work if that’s the case. What headphones are they?

no idea. customer asked me for a 3.5mm mono male to 3.5mm stereo female with the comment it was going to be used with a phone and someone that wanted sound in both earphones, not one.

it just seems weird cause unless the phone is a 90s nokia with a headphone jack that was made for a one sided jabra theres no way the phone output is mono. and if the headphone 3.5mm in isn’t getting both sides it might be a weird, off normal termination in the headphone and if channels are swapped with grounds in a 3.5 off spec trrs it could potentially cause damage if the internal wiring isn’t setup right.

VoIP…desk phone, not a mobile. sorry, I guess that would have been a pertinent detail to share.

OHHHHHHHHH. OK. that makes sense. That was throwing me through a serious loop lol. Yeah I guess a mono splitter is the way in that case.

1 Like