Looking for an IR receiver for my Denon PMA 1600NE

Just picked up a PMA 1600NE and I love it but the only spot it fits on my AV cabinet is off to the side and behind where the couch is. I see that there is an IR in and out 3.5mm port on the back and I want to pick up a simple receiver extension that I can run so I am still able to use the remote to control volume while sitting down.

Taking a quick look through Amazon it seems like a lot of the cheap ones aren’t working for other Denon units. Does anyone have a recommendation for something that would be compatible with this thing?

Hi oktorok!

I have the same issue. Thougth the Denon Streamer DNP-800 would pass IR over the Link cable to the PMA-1600 which has no IR receiving position. But sadly, thats not the case. Did you find a solution for the your problem?

Cheers, Franky

Hey Franky, so we did actually find a solution to this. Ended up having to contact Denon about it but they were surprisingly helpful. Most of the cheap IR receivers will work IF they are powered. The amp itself does not supply any power to the receiver so you will need to find something that has USB or DC power (mine is 5v USB) and it should work just fine.