Looking for an Upgrade or Change in Headphones

Should be a real solid pick :+1:. I have one on the way for a different desk setup, and they were supposed to ship today, but they just got pushed back 6-9 days again lol

1 Like

Have you heard about the V590? That looks like a perfect end game all in one setup. Thoughts?

It looks quite nice, almost similar to the Meier corda soul in a way, seems pretty sweet. I have no doubt the amp is going to be great, but I worry that the dac might be lacking for the price. Also I wonder how it will compete with the niimbus us4+, which might end up being the better amp (also from lake people/violectric)

Ah, gotcha. Just bought the Bifrost 2 looking forward to it. You still recommend the VIOLECTRIC V280 HEADPHONE AMP as an Amp for an all arounder?

1 Like

I would personally still say yes, it’s a real excellent all rounder, the main reason I enjoy vio gear so much is it’s great control over the sound, with crazy good punch if needed but also laid back if the track commands it. I think the soundstage and imaging is one of it’s positivities, it’s really expansive yet accurate, very immersive. The overall presentation is very natural and timbre is great for the price point imo, it’s a pretty neutral amp but is a tad warmer leaning which makes it fairly enjoyable. It also has loads of detail and technicalities, but doesn’t shove it in your face and presents in a natural way. Personally it is my preference over competing solid state amps in the range like the phonitors and the gsx mini (the gsx amps though are on a similar level where the phonitors lack a bit imo)

1 Like

I have to say, going from the Schiit Jotunheim which was warmer to the THX AAA 887 I do miss that lovely warm sound, so a slightly warmer amp I feel would benefit me perfectly. Thanks M0N for helping me spend money. Lul :smiley: Still haven’t regretted an audiophile purchase so far. Appreciate it. Will update you when everything comes in.

1 Like

It sounds like an excellent setup, very curious on your thoughts if you go with it (or any other amp for that matter). Should be great with what you have and what you go for in the future :+1:

2 Likes

Nice. I’m pulling the trigger and buying the V280 but do I need the optional Digital input options? Would they be better or better for future devices?

1 Like

So you already bought the bifrost so no, that would only be if you didn’t have a dac, and the bifrost 2 is a much higher quality dac from my experience

2 Likes

Just bought the Arya New 15% off, had to buy it with that discount. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the help.

2 Likes

Very curious to see what you think of it, should be very interesting=

1 Like

They come in in 2 days, so will update you after that, gotta break em in first. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m also looking into getting the Hagarman Tuba Amp for my Aeolus and just to have a good Tube Amp in general. What would be a good Dac with it? I have the Bifrost 2 coming in for the Violectra V280, and own the SMSL SU-8 Dac as well, would the SU-8 work or just switching the outputs of the Bifrost 2 from one amp to the other?

You would be connecting the xlr out of the bifrost 2 into the xlr in of the violectric, and then connect the rca out of the bifrost 2 to the rca in of the tuba, you can use both at one off one dac without unplugging anything

Sorry that is what I meant, running two Amps off of one Dac. I assume the Bifrost 2 would be a good match for the Tuba as well.

No issues, should be just fine

I would say so yes

1 Like

Would that Tube be the best bang for the buck as an all-around tube Amp? And for my Aeolus?

I think the tuba does offer great price to performance, and also pairs very well with the aeolus imo. It does do a decent job as an all rounder due to the fact that it has both high and low z outputs imo, although it doesn’t quite push planar as well as some other options

What do you mean High and Low Z, I assume you mean Gain and i’m just dumb and don’t know what Z means.

So it has outputs for both higher impedance and lower impedance headphones, that means you can also use stuff like your x00 or 1000x to decent results on there (low z), and use the aeolus, 660s, and 58x (high z)