Looking for best Headphones + Dac/AMP

An last question , for the PO100pro do i Need an expensive coaxial for to connecting It info an Dac? Thanks

An RCA should work but if you get some noise or other weird signals a 75ohm coax should help

This post was originally a giant post to StealthBushido - but was not applicable to the conversation, so I sent it as a PM directly to him.

For the Original Poster Vito - i suggest the RME ADI-2 DAC FS (it’s a good combo DAC/AMP unit and will power most headphones just fine.)

Here is a video talking about the unit.

This gives you incredible flexibility and very good quality. Plus the option to adjust sound. So practically any set of quality headpones can be made to sound ‘good’ to you. It’s not cheap, but I considered it worth it.

Here is a more recent video on it.

I own this myself, and have tried many other options. This is a really great unit. I can’t think of a better choice for a combo unit below $1k

For headphones you could try the Focal Stellia (around $3k) or if you want to go a bit cheaper, I hear the new Meze 109 Pro (at $800) is good too. Either would be a good pairing for this particular DAC/AMP combo.

*you did say cost was not a factor… even so, I tried to reign in the price somewhat. I did not suggest anything I have not personally bought or have not strongly considered buying myself.

No you shouldn’t need any expensive cables to do just fine. To answer your earlier question about how to connect it all you’re going to run a USB cable from your computer to the PO100 and then a 75ohm coaxial from the PO100 to the C200. Then you just plug your headphones in to the C200 and have a ball listening to some tunes. If you want, feel free to post the cables you’re thinking about buying and I can tell you whether they’re what you’re looking for. That said, fairly inexpensive, generic cables should do just fine for you.

Edit: The connections/chain I just described is the chain you were discussing with @Pokrog earlier in the thread. Alternately you could replace the coaxial cable with optical cable from the PO100 to the C200, but that would just be a different choice and wouldn’t necessarily offer an improvement or anything. I only mentioned it so that I was being thorough. That’s all.

1 Like

Anybody having issues with the optical in on the C200 ?
I am, popping sound now no audio tried replacing cables switching on/off. Swapped out DACs problem solved.

The USB works headphones work but the optical imput is dead.