Looking for bluetooth earphones (not in-ears)

Hi all, I remember up until 2010ish they still widely made earphones that had a foam padding, and most importantly, when you put them in, they would fit onto your outer ear. Nowadays it is most of the time a rubber piece going inside your ear canal which I find fatiguing even when not playing anything for minutes. I’m not saying the new design is bad, I just don’t t like it personally. Worse yet, they virtually eliminated the old design instead of leaving it as an option when it comes to wireless.

I wish more companies took a step forward in bringing back the old form factor but wireless, and if the speaker grill would face inwards instead of sideways (into your ear canal) . Something like the SONY MDREL9P but wireless/bluetooth would be ideal for me!

If you have any recommendations please don’t hesitate to reply.

Thanks a million!

You are talking about earbuds. They arent talked about very much in this forum, so I suggest you read up on them here: Earbuds Round-Up | Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org

Now, I personally havent seen any bluetooth earbuds. BUT there is a “solution” and that is to buy something like the Qudelix 5k which is a bluetooth amp/dac and then use it with the earbud. OR you can buy an earbud with mmcx connection and then use it with an adapter like this: https://www.fiio.com/utws3

Thanks I will look into it

Airpods then? I rather like earbuds for their comfort and ease to throw on. If money was willing, I’d have a pair of airpods (not the pros) because of form factor and quality. Yeah, they’re a touch pricy, but overall good earbuds.

What I have is Soundpeats Trueair 2s. Cheap and good, great to throw on if I’m doing chores or out shopping (and want to hear ambient noises). The sound is quite impressive too. I just wish they could wirelessly charge, but that’s my only complaint.