Looking for headphone good for gaming under 200$

The 880 600 ohm has better imaging than the argon’s imo.

The 58x can be driven on a phone no problem so I guess we have come full circle lol

1 Like

does the argon’s have a wider sound stage than 880’s or is it the same

I actually think they are similar

I vote for the DT880 600 ohm with the Fiio K5 Pro. Best recommendation for competitive gaming in this price range. Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 ohm are known for their accuracy with imaging and soundstage.

do you know any wider headphones

Here’s the thing though. For gaming, you don’t want super wide soundstage, because the wider the soundstage is, the less accurate you will be able to hear things like footsteps behind you and those kinds of things, because it won’t be close enough to hear the detail. For gaming, you want something that has just enough width to pick out the different sounds, but not too much, otherwise it won’t sound accurate.
That’s why I would recommend the 880 600 ohm. Just the right amount.

I would say that you mainly want something that can properly recreate a space and place sound inside that space well

1 Like

are the he400i good

Not as a gaming headphone IMO.

It’s good for casual games but for competitive you might want something else

If it’s like the he 4xx it’s pretty good for gaming and it’s one of the best in the price range for front and rear imaging

The 880 600 ohm would still be best. :wink:

1 Like

do you know of any portable amp’s that can power the 880 600ohm if i want to listen on my phone or chill in the living room but if there’s no amp ill just go with the archel’s

I would not use them on an airplane. If you need something easy to power and good for a plane grab a cheap iem like a QKZ vk4 for like $15

The xduoo xd05+ or ifi idsd micro or micro black label would get the job done

1 Like

@Turfee The amp/dacs that M0N listed there are perfect for the 880. But…
I wouldn’t take open headphones on a plane. They let sound in from outside, and they blast sound out from the inside. You would be bothered by people around you, and even worse, you would bother the people around you.
If you want something for traveling or an airplane, then look at getting a closed back pair or even better, some in ears.

1 Like

Didn’t notice the plane part lol, yes these would definitely not be ideal for a plane, it would offer no isolation whatsoever and potentially disturb the person sitting next to you

when i said ‘plain’ I meant chilling in the living room
and i meant budget amp or dac/amp

Oh, well then…
Back to the original thing if you are not taking them on an airplane flight. :smile:
I think in that case for the Beyerdynamic headphones, the DT880 600 ohm, what @M0N said would be good. The XD-05 Plus or the ifi IDSD Micro regular silver version, or the Black Label version. And by budget, how much money are we talking about?

:100:$ is my budget