Looking for headphones

I’m planning to use this as for gaming, music listening, and movies. I’ve used a second-hand HD800S, but was quite disappointed since the sound wasn’t clear enough(I have used the GSP 600 before, and the HD800S was worse than that in terms of positional audio) I’m currently using an EL AMP 2 with a G6 as a DAC. I usually listen to EDM, Pop, R&B, and Rock. The T1 or Empyrean has been recommended, and I’d like to know if they’re any better than the HD800S in terms of positional audio. Thanks…

Cant speak on empyreans other than they are stupid expensive and theres zero reason to spend that much on something for gaming. Beyers are phenomenal are imaging… 1990 is a bit sharper on the image but t1 is more relaxed and pleasing to listen with… definitely do not grab the 3rd gen t1 go for 2nd gen.

As far as imaging being worse than a gsp600? I completely disagree and would have to say its potentially just your amp and dac… you cant just pick up crazy high end expensive headphones and run them off lower end gear expecting full results and hd800s over there is picky as hell about as much as the clears where it just does not work right at all without a good setup for them. Just my opinion on it though

3 Likes

I like my Beyerdynamic DT880 for everything, but the most amazing headphones I’ve worn for gaming were the Sennheiser HD380, which aren’t made any more. They sounded like I was in a movie theater. I owned the HD280s at the time and there was no comparison.

1 Like