Looking for High Impedance Like Sennheiser HD 600 & 650!

I would like similar tuning like the 600 and 650. I really like vocals to feel up close and personal with out feeling too close, but also feel a bit airy and have depth to it. Also sound natural and not robotic. I like clean bass, with good low end, and treble that has some sparkle in it that sound clean and clear. Detail is big for me too, i want to hear every single detail. I mainly listen to pop and edm. Budget is around $700.

They aren’t high impedance but I’d go for the Focal Elex if you can handle the QC issues or the Clears if you stretch your budget a bit more. After that ZMF would be your next best bet for a big brother to the 650s but again even on the used market you’d stretch your budget a bit.

1 Like

Yes, this nails it. I might ask what OP is willing to sacrifice in sound signature. But Focal Clear is going to hit on the correct staging, vocal intimacy and ‘W’ response that gives you the bass and treble extension and overall resolution. Its drawback in this profile is that it is particularly low-impedance and fairly sensitive - so your chain synergy may or may not be tricky.

The cans that do a lot of the things you look for in a high-impedance package is ZMF. This feedback is likely to repeat.

not sure about bass…but look up the 600 ohm DT880 and DT990.

ADX 5000…