Looking for higher end IEMs

I just got the Dunu Zen in house and the bass is VERY satisfying. Lots of slam, texture, and detail. Probably my favorite bass I’ve heard in IEMs or headphones. They come off as warm and full sounding with some lower treble emphasis to give them some energy. I’m running them off the RNHP and I like them a lot. Paired with the RNHP they give some nice imaging and adequate staging. I will probably end up keeping them as my endgame for quite some time. I saw a set open box over on headphones.com for $550. Might be worth the gamble if you don’t get hit too hard on shipping and import. I know they are below budget for the range you are looking but just a thought.

2 Likes

Indeed, the bass and the lower-mids are the best I have heard. Its such a shame that the upper-treble rolls-off that much, my library depends quite a lot there for the air and micro-details…

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll take a look at them although I think I’m probably looking for something a little higher performing with technicalities.

1 Like

Has anyone had any experience with the Empire Ears Hero?

All I know is it leans on the brighter sider from what I’ve heard, but if that’s your thing go for it!

From what I can see, it seems to lean towards a bit of a W shape with more emphasis on the highs.

I’ve never really been one to have issues with highs being too sharp (the 990 600ohm has never bothered me) so I’m pretty sure that the highs wouldn’t be too difficult for me to handle.

Currently looking through reviews to compare them against things like the Jomo Tango.

in my opinion,
instead of owning several good $1k iems,
why not just buy a single amazing set,
traillii, “the bird”

Do you own a pair? I would love to hear your impressions.

I get what you mean, but I definitely can’t afford anything that expensive, but I’d probably end up getting a L&P p6pro and IEMs in the £2k ish range if I was looking to spend that much personally.

I actually ended up going for a pair of Earsonics Grace and have had them for the past couple of days. These are really nice so far, pretty much everything that I was looking for out of a main iem for this price. I can’t wait for my adapter to arrive to be able to try out the cable upgrade for it since from what I have heard, it can really change the Grace for the better.

I’ll probably either be looking to upgrade my dap or go for something a bit more neutral next like the Gae Bolg/Andro 2020/itfitlab Fusion.

2 Likes

Nice, glad you are enjoying them, will be curious on what you think of them when you can run balanced :+1:

1 Like

Unfortunately might be a while until I can run balanced really, only thing I’ve got with balanced is my btr5 right now. I’ll be running them through the A3 adapted from 2.5mm until I upgrade my qp1r

1 Like

These could be considered “mid-fi” depending on your budget, but IMO they handily live in the more rarified “high end” territory. Thieaudio Monarchs. A serious champ. Happy to answer questions.

I did consider those, although I wasn’t really able to find comparisons between them and other IEMs that I was really interested in, I might pick them up in the future though.

Not sure about the rest of the IEMs on your list but, if you like bassy IEMs then I suggest you shy away from the U12t and Andromedas

3 Likes

Could recommend Fir Audio M4 ore M5 i own the M4 and they got a great Bass and good vocals.

2 Likes

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I may be looking to get something on the more neutral side next as I am really liking the Graces, they’re close to my enjoyment of my Lawton’s which has surprised me.

How do the 64 audio U12t sound off a variety of daps or even an iPhone? They seem easy to drive but that doesn’t always mean it’s best off a phone or most daps. Any suggestions?

Like the idea of something similar to the ie 900 where it can run off just about anything for convenience.

Thought the U12t had bass. Does it not?

Doesnt look like it got that much bass, just some slight sub-bass elevation and it is a BA set so they wont be as good as a DD in the bass department.

1 Like

Everything I’ve read and watched (reviews) claim it’s very linear and slams. Best in class for a BA. Interesting… Back to research lol

1 Like