Looking for music production headphones

Hi!

I’m looking to buy some headphones for music production. I just moved to a new place and the room that I am producing in is too big/empty and therefore very echoey and my studio monitors sound trash. Until I improve room acoustics I’m looking to buy really good headphones for around 1000$. Don’t know much about headphones so your help will be much appreciated!

1 Like

Do you have a headphone amp? (Or Audiointerface with decent headphone out)

1 Like

If you are taking it seriously, you will probably want a neutral and flat sound signature.

There are a loooot of “studio headphones”, but the term gets thrown around like it’s nothing, mostly for marketing purposes. If I were you, I would consider each headphone by determining the manufacturer’s approach to tuning the headphones. Do they actually explain how they tuned the headphones and why it’s a “studio” headphone?

I have extremely limited experience, but the Ollo Audio S4X was a headphone which I found to be neutral and flat. Such a sound signature and headphone should allow you to accurately produce your music.

1 Like

I have the apollo twin audio interface

1 Like

They look really good and are quite affordable. Will look into some reviews, thank you so much for your help!

1 Like

I will actually have a set for sale if you are interested after your research, just haven’t put them up yet

2 Likes

Sony MDR-CD900st

1 Like

Do you like them? Are they good headphones for music production? Also whats the reason you’re selling them?

1 Like

Hey sorry still at work, yes like them i just moved to a house in December so ive been on monitors again, previously in an apartment. I also have Senn HD 600’s and 6xx, AKG 371 i use for studio stuff as well along with my collection. Super comfy and i was really impressed with the quality.

2 Likes

Neumann NDH20 are well know for accuracy.

1 Like

What do you guys think of Neumann NDH 30? Choosing between them and the Ollo Audio S4X

1 Like

Hi guys! So a little update, I got the Neumann NDH 30s and I love them! My tracks sound really good on them the only thing that’s missing for me is a little more bass but I can always eq them if I wish to hear more bass. Overall I’m super happy with my purchase!

2 Likes

DT1990 pro. All rounder.
Good soundstage, precise laser image, no super amp required, best construction i have seen in a headphone under 1000€, clean tonality…Its a must for me.