Looking for new headphone recommendations

If you wanted a more aggressive planar that’s a bit warmer, the verum 1 is a great choice but it’s not the most detail forward.

The verums definitely interest me, and it’s really cool that some guy in the Ukraine hand makes them. That also scares me away from buying them though. I’d hate to have to send them to the Ukraine for repairs if something goes wrong. I like the 880s more than the sundara so I think I might prefer dynamic drivers anyways

Gotcha, the 1990 if you don’t mind the treble of the beyers sounds like something you might really like, but it is brighter

Sweet, they’re a little out of my price range right now so I’ll have to save up a little more or search for some used ones. I think I’ll try to see if there’s a store where I can demo them so my Amazon account doesn’t get banned cause of all the returns lol

1 Like

I guess the universe wanted me to have the 1990s, cause I just got an Amazon warehouse deal on them for $307. It said the headphones are like new, but don’t come in the original packaging. I can live with that for a $200 dollar discount. They even come with a headphone stand.

1 Like

Wait until you start watching movies with them… They are quite immersive.

@basedgods_dog I would still recommend grabbing the silver pads. Much more refinement and more accuracy with the sound. :wink:

If you crave detail and need a closed-back, check out the Kennerton Magni.

This review from William @ The Headphone Experience puts it better than I can.

Worth a look for sure.

1 Like