Looking for new headphones

I had hd599 how do they compare to 58X?

1 Like

Gotcha. The treble is just too overbearing for me at times, especially with metal music

1 Like

@RiceGuru or someone help lol. i wouldn’t know

I personally pretty prefer the 58x sound wise, imo it’s got a more refined signature with better presentation and detail, but they do both have the Sennheiser house sound. If you liked the 599 you would most likely like the 58x

The 58x is open back though, so that might not work well for you

Regarding your initial want, look for an open box focal listen pro, as I think it would have the sound you are after and it also might work with a vmoda boom pro

1 Like

Headphones like this alone would cost me around 250$. Wouldn’t it be better to find headphone + amp combo in that range at that point? I gotta say I haven’t heard beyerdynamics yet but I kinda like how they look.

It depends on the headphones imo, the listen pro don’t really need an amp and imo outperform the beyerdynamics in some technicalities (also you can add the boompro mic I think)

I mean the 770 250 ohm is pretty sweet, paired with like a fiio k5 pro it would be pretty dang nice as well.

Either one would be pretty dang nice for your use case imo

1 Like

Guess I just need to try beyer myself and see what I like and dislike about them. 250 ohm needs amp that badly tho?

the 58x has a warmer mod centrick sound with a bi bassier sound and smoother treble

@Afresh Yes. My phone and laptop had no ability to power them correctly when I used them. The only thing that I was able to push them with at max volume was my Digital Audio Player which has a good DAC with a tiny amp in it, but I could tell even then they were wanting more power.
Also do you need something portable? If so you might have to spend more. But if you will just be using them at a desk then the K5 Pro is one of the best bang for buck Amp/DACs you can get.

Desk only. Sadly K5 Pro is 200$+. Looks like overkill for me tbh.

You might be able to grab a magni heresy or liquid spark and run it from a motherboard or phone?

Can’t get them in my country. Amazon with sending fee is my only way sadly.

I don’t have the Sivga 006’s but I do have the 004’s and they are amazing for the price. I think they would be a good all around option for gaming or music. Doesn’t hurt that they are also beautiful and very well built.

Hmmm, what about a topping a50?

Still no :<

Could I get a link to your amazon to see what’s on there lol?

What do you mean by saying my amazon? Problem with Poland is that anything I will buy from amazon (even tho we have amazon in our country) it will still ship from germany or UK so my expenses will be increased.

My bad, got confused. I was more asking links to what sites you could buy from. Not too familiar with stuff outside of NA.

So this isn’t an option I assume

https://www.schiit-europe.com/index.php/producten/magni-heresy-headphone-amp-and-preamp.html

Sadly no. Except shipping it ofc.