Looking for new headphones

Hey!

So I’m looking for new headphones for gaming/music listening. I use hyperx clouds right now and used to have sennheiser 599se. I liked them but open backs are not for me, gf being too loud at times. I do not have an amp and my budget is around 150$.

Looking for clean sound for games like Hunt: Showdown (where sound is everything) and pleasurable music expirience ofc.

Mic would be a + (or at least possibility for mod mic)

Thanks for help.

1 Like

for ampless under $150 you got a few options, the akg k371 great for music and decent for gaming, cooker master mg 751/752, great comfy and decent at being an all rounder, the one more triple driver over ears are also a decent option great for gaming and music if you want a v shaped sound the treble can abe a bit much for some but can be fixed with really light miodding.

most importantly what kind of music do you listen to?

1 Like

Not a recommendation since I don’t own them, but I’m looking at the Sivga SV006 at the moment. Just putting it in here in the hope that someone who knows them could compare them to other suggestions.

1 Like

Oh well… That really depends on my mood, I mix hip-hop with electronic music and some old rock and roll or just old jazz.

Not sure if that helps :smiley:

1 Like

the one more triple drivers might be up your alley then

1 Like

one more triple drivers cost more then Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 250 Ω that I heard are also pretty good.

1 Like

the 990 250 ohm needs an amp which would go over budget unfortunately

1 Like

Are they any good tho? And what kind of amp? I was thinking about selling my old headphones so I can manage to get my budged stretched to 200.

1 Like

The 990 pro are open back.

1 Like

Sorry! Was thinking about 880… They are semi open right? Not quite sure what that means.

1 Like

Semi open means they will still sound through but not as much as a fully open but unfortunately the 880 is kinda false advertising it’s pretty much a open back

1 Like

$200 is unfortunately not enough for the reccomended versions of Beyers being the 600 ohms. Which your looking at about $250-$300

1 Like

Ok, thank you. Get more money or settle for cheaper versions.

1 Like

But for $200 the DT 770 250 ohm is a great closed back option paired with something like a fx audio dac x6. But in all honesty it may be efficient enough to run off your motherboard

1 Like

What would you say is a sweet spot money wise if it comes to audio gear for my needs? 200$/300$ or more? I know the higher I go in some cases the less I get for my money.

1 Like

for good value headphones by themselves generally between $100-$250,
for amps$100 or a little more
and DACS a $100 or a little more
for combos: you have the fiio k5 pro which is $150 and is very capable

1 Like

Honestly I would get the AKG K371. They are Harman tuning and with Harman you get great sub bass response and great vocals and treble imo. They are super comfortable from what I hear and even though are cheaper than your current would certainly be an upgrade. Also no need for an amp or DAC with them since they are easy to drive and fold up really easily for portable use.

1 Like

what’s wrong with the 58x?? need no amp, 150

I tried the Sivga 006 and they were probably the harshest in the treble I’d heard in a long while. Because of the shallow cups and thin pads, that treble is extremely intense and it overpowers any bass to be had. If anybody is considering these and is treble sensitive or just doesn’t like treble, please avoid these. The only headphones I’ve disliked more than these were the HE350 and M50x…so that’s saying something.

2 Likes

Well, I kinda liked the M50x’s sound :flushed:, they just hurt my head (glasses wearer with eczema around the ears).

1 Like