Looking for some help to decide if its worth upgrading

So I have been wanting to upgrade my headphones for a while now and i recently purchased the Koss KPH30i and was blown away by how good it sounded compared to other headphones I have used in the past (which wasn’t many). Now that I have gotten a taste of good quality audio I was wondering if the Sennheiser HD 660s would be worth grabbing and using it on the Fiio e10k. Even though its a little over my budget, is its truly worth getting and experiencing, coming from a guy who hasn’t been experienced with high quality headphones and now uses the $30 KPH30i? How much better and higher quality is the jump to the HD 660s from the KPH30i and is it worth it using the amp that i have? Good to note that I do game very often but listening to music is the main priority.

If your worried about value for dollar grab the 58x it’s basically. Budget 660 sounds very similar just uses slightly different drivers but tune very closely

3 Likes

Honestly yeah. Identical build and comfort, more convenient cable, and very similar tuning. Alot more bang for the buck

Awesome! As far as audio quality goes is it worth the upgrade from the KPH30i? Also im assuming the Fiio e10k is more than enough for the 58x?

1 Like

Either the e10k or the k3 (basically updated e10k) is just fine. The 58x is a step up from the kph30i for sure in comfort, build and sound quality of course

Welp… Im sold! grabbing them today. Thank you !

If you have never purchased from Drop before, make sure you take advantage of the 1st time buyer promos. It could save you $10-20 depending on what is running at the moment.

1 Like

Thank you! got $20 off my purchase of the 58x. Thank you everyone, cant wait to get these beauty’s

4 Likes