Looking for some insight before I make this big purchase

I mean personally almost all audio I buy is used, as imo it yields the best deal. That’s up to you though, but typically it is fairly safe

You are getting alot for your money imo

If you have the money I will go with @M0N recommendation. I thought you were on a budget. After seeing your setup, it is not on a budget lol.

Well I dont really have a budget but it’s like how much can I spend before my wife kills me so kind of a budget.
Other people are saying to replace my sundaras with a pair of HD600 Or HD6XX from drop. $350 for headphones are yikes IMO but the reviews are pretty good.

If you ended liking this hobby, you will buy an hd600 or hd6xx eventually. This not a hobby of grabbing one headphone and be good. There is more than meets the eye. Especially when you started matching dac and amp with headphone.

If you decide to keep it or not is a different story lol

Well spending $750 it is, I just hope I have the right cables and everything.
Sundaras, Asgard 3, Scarlett Solo, and XLR setup.
I really hope I dont regret my purchase but oh well we’ll see.

Ask them why they recommend the hd series. They were the entry to hi fi audio years ago, and they still sound great. Right now the market is getting new headphone with better technicalities at a cheaper price.

You will be good with that setup! the worst case scenario you can return the Sundara from amazon and buy another headphone.

Yep true, we’ll see how it goes

Even I can buy the Sundara from you for a good price :wink:

Thank you @M0N

Also last but not least, you guys recommend a headphone stand? Lol

That one is preference here lol. I personally don’t use headphone stands, just put them where I can

I was looking at a under the desk one but my cat will probably fuck up my headphones

There’s a whole thread for that!

Enjoy your new gear. Sounds like it will be awesome!

1 Like

headphone stands can range from 10 bucks to absolute ridiculous !! I purchased 5 stands for about $100 from Amazon. They are solid and look good.

Alright I’ll do some shopping, thanks again, this forum rocks and I’ll be posting some pictures when I have everything

you can also use yoga blocks for stands. Zeos does that. Just another option to consider

1 Like

How do you use an amp with your onboard dac?

For a desktop, all you do is you grab a rca to 3.5mm cable and connect it to the line out of your motherboard. For a laptop you connect it to the headphone jack and hopefully it presents you an option of line out

1 Like