Looking for "Treble Sensitive" IEM (< $500)

Hi,

I am looking for an IEM with a less aggressive treble response. I am using Moondrop Starfield as my daily driver, it had great tuning and soundstage, the treble is smooth sounding, quite like it, but I am looking for a step up from that.

I borrow my friend’s Campfire Andromeda and Vega, I think the “ss” sound is too much for me, that high frequency becomes unbearable after a short time. :face_with_thermometer:

Thank you so much for your time!

2 Likes

IKKO oh10 or maybe the FiiO fh7 might be worth a try :+1:

2 Likes

A Harmon or a flat top/stepped Harmon may be your thing then since you like the starfields. The oh10 is more v, but really strong. Maybe even the blessing 2 if you wanna keep to the moondrop family. If you want a flatter sound then the sony EX800st is fantastic! You just have to deal with with cable and make sure you get a comfortable seal/fit. They are miles ahead in the treble without being sibliant to me, and I consider myself to be treble sensitive. Also not a fashion IEM :frowning:

1 Like

Isn H40. 200 bucks and sweet.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m in the same boat with the ears and what I can take for extended listening sessions. Penon Audio Sphere, a DD ($169) is a bargain for what they do…, nice sound signature, good treble extension but not “crazy” with excellent dynamics and tone. And very pleasing to the ears, nit just in sound but fit, so comfortable.
Good luck in your search.

Cheers

1 Like

Welcome! Enjoy these gents, very knowledgeable and helpful here…

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I’ll do some in depth research on all of them!!

1 Like

Westone and Shure have a very mellow house sound that is always very forgiving in the treble. I actually used to use a pair of Shure SE215 during live performances when I was a drummer in a band in college. Comfortable, easy going treble, and dare I say almost boring…but an easy listen for sure.

How do you like the H40 compared to your Tri I3, and ikko oh10?

Which of the three do you find to have the best bass impact? Which is less the least harsh sounding? And which has the tightest bass? These three iems are the ones I’m most interested and you seem to have owned them all.

You pretty much have summarised it here:

My preferred is the H40 because it’s very smooth. I listen a lot of jazz and the saxos and trumpets might sound a bit harsh (feel them in my teeth) that is not the case with the H40.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. I’m in a tight spot, I’m between the ISN h40 and penon orb. They’re the two most recommended ones by people who own multiple iems in that price range or more expensive from what I’ve seen

1 Like