Looking for Velour Closed backs. Very sweaty with leather, and i can't use open

Imo yes. I think the red is pretty good, I haven’t heard the monoprice one so I can’t comment there. I don’t think they would have as much punch and impact as the aforementioned portables but the red is solid nonetheless

True, not the most fun but comfy and can be found at a good price point for performance. Easier to drive. Hard to find a fun hp with suede pads that’s closed, at a lower price point.

This is going to be tough lol

I see. I like portablity so i try to find small things. Also like dac amps since they are well… more portable ( most of the time, anyways. )

Gotcha. Well do note that the beyers aren’t the most portable but they can be transported easily

Yes, that’s one of my biggest reasons I’m hesitating, cause Beyers are rather bulky compared to your average consumer headphones.

One headphones that I was considering is the infamous m50x. I heard they can be modded with velours, and they are super portable. But the main reason I’m hesitating is because I’ve heard so many mixed reviews with them.

Oh right. Have you tried the DT177X GO? I really enjoyed that one. What are your thoughts about these compared to the DT770 250ohms?

I liked the 177x go, it was balanced yet fun, pretty enjoyable. The 770 250 ohm will be more v shaped with less mid-range and a bit of a subbass boost. It will have similar width but imo not as impressive staging and imaging. It also won’t have as much detail as the 177x. The 770 250 ohm is solid, but the 177x is a higher tier of headphone

The iFi Nano BL works well with the DT770 250ohm and you can get them at a decent price s/h :+1:

Have you heard the MT5s? Can put suede on like Z? But I don’t how they’d sound.

I have only heard it briefly, so I can’t comment too much

1 Like

If you’re going to go down the Beyerdynamic route have you considered a used set of Beyerdynamic T5P’s? They’re 32 Ohms and you can buy a set of T1 velour pads for them. A used T5P V2 can be had for anywhere between $350-$500 depending on where you can source one and the T1 velour pads are roughly $40

1 Like

Also a good option, especially if you can’t get ahold of a 177x go

Just gotta give my 2 cents on the NDH20’s. If you enjoy a driver to run unrestricted, don’t touch the Neumann’s. The driver is limited on a lot of the dynamics that one may really enjoy with their music to make sure all the details can be heard clearly. So that treble that might be shrill or that bass line that hits hard you enjoy… won’t feel the same in the NDH20’s. If you most sacrifice fun for detail, yeah they’re a great headphone. I haven’t heard them on a tube so I can only speak for a solid state usage.

Good to know. Thank you!