Hello everyone, i’m new to this forum / community, before everything thanks for helping me out. Long story short, i have around ~150$ (Rp.1.5M in idr currency) and looking forward for a new can for my lonely birthday soon (yay ) but i digress. Aaanyway, I’m still in college and in mid-end semester (very busy), so part time job is no go for me. But, i can save up around ~2 months, increasing the budget to 200$. i"ll make this post as easy to read as possible. Why soundstage and depth? Well, i’ve heard friend’s 50k-ish USD car audio, and it is WIDE and have very long(?) depth, i want to experience a bite from it. And yes, i did research and in the end got overwhelmed
My current setup:
- Samson SR850 (okay ish soundstage, great imaging, not so great depth, HARSH)
- ibasso DC02 (Sounds clean for a used Rp.530k (~53$) DAC, also the DAC i mentioned below)
- some random generic 384khz dac (sounds decent for what it is, actually a bit louder than the ibasso)
i know this is not a iem forum but here it is:
- KZ ZSN PRO X (meh, a bit harsh, okay ish imaging)
- Nakamichi MV500 (Very flat and balanced, good imaging and better-ish soundstage than the KZ, being an iem it doesn’t have good depth)
- the rest is fun impulse buying stuff
- 150$ is kinda the limit (without saving up), and i’m open to used stuff (some GREAT deals, some usually only 10-20% less than new in my market, welcome to Indonesian pricing).
- My DAC ([email protected] ohms, yikes) isn’t the most powerful, high impedance or low sensitivity is kinda not an option for me. Only has 3.5mm jack.
What i listen to
- Orchestras (1st priority)
- Live stages (2nd)
- Acoustic songs
- Vocals with not much instruments
- Chinese / Japanese instrumentals
What i want
- Open backs
- Soundstage and DEPTH
- Good Imaging if possible
- Detail is a bonus
- Harshness / not balanced is okay, i can tune it with EQ…
- comfort is last priority, just want it to sound good and WIDE
What i consider
- AKG K702 chinese made, found it brand new no box for ~125 USD (found in a forum somewhere that it is wide but not detailed, some said its mediocre get the sennys instead)
- Hifiman HE400 SE used ~150 USD (only hear great things about it, some said its stage is wide, some said its okay)
- Philips SHP9500 old stock or used ~140 USD (got some info that it is wide, but others gave conflicting answers, some said the bass sounds like sh–)
- Fidelio X2 used, only one on list ~140USD (got info it is wide but not accurate, some said it is harsh AF)
- New DAC maybe? Those Topping DX3+ is mouth watering
- Hifiman Sundaras, until christmas saving up project maybe?
I condensed as much info as i can, i’m open to new options or more expensive headphones, i’m open to iem options too… Again, thanks everyone for the help and this awesome community!
PS: My English suck, apologies.