Looking to get my first audio setup

No doubt the d10 is technically better, but the M100 is just as good with a similar price to performance ratio. You really can’t go wrong with either one.

1 Like

if the D10 had a optical input I would of for sure bought it instead, the M100 was the only thing I could find in that price range with that feature set.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I jumped on the Enog2 pro.

Does that mean I could hook up my PC via USB and my tv via optical at the same time?

I think you could do that with the m100 but not the d10 since the d10 has an optical out not in

for any one interested in the enog2 pro https://geshelli.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fenog2-pro-dac-metal-case

Right. But multiple inputs would be fine with a dac? Not even sure if I want to do something like that yet…

The m100 can switch inputs with it’s power button I believe, so you would be able to toggle between them

the M100 lets you hook up 3 different inputs. USB, optical, and coaxial and you can switch between the three with a simple button push.

I’m not sure what source you have, but you could out put from your desktop using optical, and still have the USB or coaxil open for when a friend comes over and want to show you a song but doesn’t want to use shitty laptop speakers. Or maybe you use one of the inputs for a media center type setup in addition to normal duties.

1 Like

I think he said pc and tv, so usb for pc and optical for tv

Yes…or if God forbid, you have any USB noise, using coaxial or optical solves that issue.

The chance should be low ish, but I swear lol it can pop up out of nowhere lol

No way to know til I try it out right?

Exactly. That is why I started using Optical. I have a microphone that causes some interference with USB noise, but using optical solved that problem for me. The only downsides to optical is you are normally limited to 24 bit 192 sample rate, and some DAC’s that have shitty optical implementation will cause what is called signal “jitter”…but that is a rareity with today’s technology, and there have been no reports I am aware of with the M100 having any issues like that.

do note, it has a signal usb input and a power input usb. so you van avoid that potential issue altogether. jsut got to be ok with a pure white usb cable that comes with it. it clashes sooo hard.

1 Like

I’m now torn between getting hazi’s d10 and switching to a m100 off Amazon…

Just note that the only input on the d10 is for usb so it couldn’t be used for a tv if you plan on doing that (not trying to ruin a sale lol)

it also comes in blue.

I know but I hadn’t even thought of that option til a few mins ago…