Looking to upgrade my Hyperx Cloud II's Under 100 AUD

Hey guys I’m new to the forum and I’m looking for some fun and lively headphones for general use I’m super interested in the monoprice retros and thinking of getting some AliExpress pads as brainwavz is quite expensive, are there any other headphones in my budget worth considering. I like what people say about the retros but want to ensure I make a good purchase in getting some nice bassy and fun headphones for hip hop music. Prior considerations were HD 330 by superlux or 660s, point is I’m looking for some of headphones with great bass and subbase for fun. Thanks guys I love music and I love value propositions as I have the Blons and enjoy them quite a bit

Try the Coolermaster MH751 for it is technically an upgrade to the Hyper X Cloud 2’s you mentioned. It is an upgrade because the Cloud 2s are basically the Takstar Pro 80 studio headphones being rebranded for gaming, same as the Coolermaster MH751s for they are basically Takstar Pro 82s studio headphones being rebranded for gaming by Coolermaster. The MH751 for the price has better soundstage, clear mic, closer to a neutral sound signature and overall not just good for gaming but for music as well. Also, try the M40x as well for they are still good to use to this day, though you might want to replace the cable and earpads to be more functional as a daily drive but sound-wise they are pretty good.

1 Like

Okay cheers i’ll check them out, i’m not too concerned about Gaming Headsets as i bought myself a standard seperate microphone to use any headphones. I’ll keep an eye for the technicas hopefully they go on sale or I might impulse buy the Monoprice

1 Like

Yeah do that and good luck finding the headphones you love, also an another suggestion if you don’t mind open backs, try the Philips SHP9500, they are pretty solid for the price though it depends on your overall sound preference that you like.

1 Like

Honestly the hyperx clouds, or takstar pro 80, are decent cans for under $100 and you’ll only be sidegrading in that price range (imo wasting money/time). I’d suggest you save up for something substantial like a hd6xx or hifiman sundara.

The 752 is a noticeably better headphone but I do agree it’s a but of a sidegrade maybe save up a bit more for something like a 58x

1 Like

+1 agreed on this considering the budget available

1 Like

I went for a bit of a gamble tbh I went for a superlux clone which has better comfort and a v shaped signature the ISK HP 580 36 aud on AliExpress dirt cheap and got some earpads for them for $20 AUD so all in all very cheap I’ll tell you guys if I like it