Looking to upgrade my sound

Hey y’all,
So I’ve currently got a pair of Klipsch rp600m hooked up to a Denon x1500h, and relatively new to ‘proper’ audio. Mostly listen to classical, and my ears focus in on musical details and following the intricacies, things like soundstage and imaging are quite foreign still. I’ve noticed that my system isn’t as detailed (ie cant follow a given instruments line in an orchestra say) as even the built in speakers of my iPad. I’m sure my room has something to do with it as it is untreated, though Ive tried nearfield and haven’t heard much more detail than the regular set up.

I tend to listen to music on the Denon’s ‘pure direct’ mode, it just sounds better, but I’ve gotten used to the creature comforts in the AVR: Spotify connect, internet radio, airplay and dynamic range compression to make movie dialogue audible. I’ve had my eye on the Cambridge AXA35 and the Sprout 100, but then I’d lose all those creature comforts. I’d be happy to lose them for a better more detailed sound, wondering if an upgrade of this kind will be noticeable and if there’s like a streaming DAC or something to get those creature comforts back (it looks like its still the Wild West for wireless audio). Or if it really is just the room and I should pump some money/time into room treatments.

An observation too: I also tried the Elac .2s and found them brighter and less detailed than the Klipsch and the Denon is an A/B amp…maybe its that that is making the Klipsches warm? Ditching the Denon isn’t a huge deal for me either cuz I’d just throw it downstairs to get surround sound going for gaming:) Sorry about the length, thank you in advance for any advice!

Martin Logan motion 35xt. It will double the cost of your bookshelves, as they are about 600 each. But u can get on sale.

I listen to a lot of classical music, and they are very good at it. The folded tweeter shines, and the sound stage is wide and precise.

If u want to spend a bit less, look at the motion 4i’s. They are 200$ each these days and have surprisingly good low end for a 4" driver.

Hope this helps you some.

Hard to give advice without a budget.

Im kinda in the same boat as you. Im lookin at some Onkyos, A-9150 and cheaper integrated A9110

Well that just sounds like a problem more then the need for an upgrade lol (unless it’s a gross exaggeration)