Mac users flac player programs

I have both windows machines and a Mac. For windows i use foobar 2000 and love it. On mac, foobar 2000 is incredibly lacking imo. Any Mac users here, and if so what music player programs do you recommend for a flac library?

Thanks.

1 Like

I use foobar but you’re right its pretty basic in comparison lol works well though

1 Like

The Mac foobar is essentially Android foobar which is also ass

2 Likes

At least it’s a thing now lol… wasnt for the longest time

1 Like

exactly. very basic.

really want something comparable to windows foobar, for mac

1 Like

I’ve never used any of this stuff but I’ve seen BitPerfect and JRiver mentioned along side foobar as system-wide audio interfaces for the Mac. I’d guess they support FLAC but don’t know.

2 Likes

Audirvana is popular on mac as well

2 Likes

Audirvana and Amarra would be the best choices, probably, but they do cost money. Both were designed for Mac initially and eventually ported to Windows. The Audirvana Windows version is good. The Amarra Windows version is not - or at least it wasn’t back in 2018 when I played around with both.

3 Likes

VLC player

3 Likes

I mostly started with Fidelia, then moved up to JRiver Media Center, and in the past couple of months I have jumped up again to Audirvana.

There are costs to all of them and they sound very good, it just depends on how much you are willing to pay, and your playback equipment.

3 Likes

Audirvana is probably the best non-roon option, I’ve been using it on windows too but it was originally mac only, does some tidal/qobuz/hirez streaming as well.

1 Like

I used to use Pine Player on OS x ages ago. Its free

1 Like

I use Roon.

I found Musique recently and rather like it, mainly because it has a library and is open-source. It’s very slow for the initial import though (it downloads artist pictures).

I used Colibri beforehand, but it’s more of a folder/playlist kind of player.

1 Like

I use Audirvana